Castle Crumbling

The next hour is spent by Yunjin trying to tune in to whatever her teacher is saying yet failing miserably, her head too preoccupied with all thoughts of Chaewon. She's never been alone with her for so long and she can feel her palms starting to sweat. She stares blankly ahead, imagining countless scenarios where Chaewon realizes she's been writing the letters for Yeonjun, or worse, Chaewon somehow finding out about the embarrassingly large crush she has on her.

"Yunjin?" And just like that she's broken out of her trance.

She turns to her right and Chaewon is looking at her somewhat hesitantly. "Class is over," she notifies her.

"Ah," Yunjin replies, face flaming up. "Sorry, I must have zoned out for a minute."

"Or twenty," Chaewon says like she's trying not to laugh.

"Oh, so she's got jokes," Yunjin comments as she stands up.

A subtle smirk tugs at Chaewon's lips and wow is it attractive to Yunjin. "Sure do. What'd you think I was, just a pretty face?"

Yes.

Is what Yunjin wants to say. Instead she replies with a "don't flatter yourself" and a grin so Chaewon doesn't actually take offense.

They walk side by side to one of the practice rooms with a piano, Yunjin becoming hyper aware of her arm that nearly brushes Chaewon's.

After a minute, they arrive at practice room 13, a small yet cozy room with a grand piano in the center and a few acoustic guitars scattered about.

Chaewon throws herself onto one of the beanbags and Yunjin takes a seat at the piano, turning around so she can face the other girl.

"So..." she begins, hoping she doesn't look as awkward as she feels.

"So..." Chaewon repeats, a small smile on her face.

"How do you want to start this thing?" Yunjin asks, biting her lip to stop a full smile from spilling out.

Chaewon hums. "I think we should get a feel for each other's musical capabilities first, you know? Rather than diving straight into it," she suggests.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Yunjin replies. "So uh...will you sing for me?"

Chaewon nods. "Sure. Any requests?"

Yunjin shakes her head. "Whatever you want to do is fine."

The brunette girl sits for a moment before launching into a version of Imagine by Ariana Grande. And oh my god.

Chaewon has quite possibly the most beautiful voice Yunjin has ever heard. Stupid crush aside, Yunjin realizes that the girl's voice is essentially incredible. Every word the older girl enunciates makes Yunjin's jaw drop just a little bit more. By the time she's finished singing, Yunjin is staring wide-eyed at Chaewon, who looks unsurely up at her.

"Was that good?" She asks timidly, like she didn't just belt an Ariana Grande song perfectly.

Yunjin realizes she should probably verbally compliment her rather than staring at her like a freak. "Chaewon," she starts seriously. "That was fucking incredible. Like, your voice is the equivalent of honey or something. Seriously."

Chaewon sits up straighter at the praise. "I'm glad you enjoyed," is all she says with a shy smile, but her face is already at least three shades more red than it had been a few minutes ago.

Yunjin is still looking at her, feeling all kinds of emotions. It's official, she thinks to herself with an impending sense of doom. I'm never getting over this girl.