𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘: 𝐂𝐇.𝟏𝟗

DESTINY MARIE BAILEY

ATLANTA,GEORGIADECEMBER 15,20235:30 PM

ATLANTA,GEORGIA
DECEMBER 15,2023
5:30 PM

"Hey dad, I haven't seen you in days." Destiny spoke into phone once she put it up to her ear. Grabbing a cart once she walked into the entrance of Publix.

"Hey baby girl,you ain't even been calling me or nothing. Don't get to acting funny cus you be wit Von, I bet you wit him right now ." He father replied to her.

"Actually I haven't heard from him since last night, and I'm at the grocery store finna cook me some stuffed chicken and mash potatoes with some asparagus." Destiny spoke as she made it over to the vegetable side, finding her some fresh asparagus.

"That sound good, i come home tomorrow night. It's been so busy at the warehouse lately. And did you try to text him?" He dad questioned, concerned on why she haven't heard from him and it was going on six in the afternoon.

"Yea I did and he didn't respond, he'll call me when ever he feels like it. what you doing dad?" She was actually thinking about him a lot but she didn't wanna over do it—she knew how she could get so she just decided she'd cook dinner. It was her way of keeping herself calm—away from acting crazy and assuming things.

"Nothin really, sitting here getting shit in order so I can leave for a couple days and not have to come back." He replied.

"Oh, well dad I'm finna get off this phone so I can finish picking up the stuff I need for my food. You better answer the phone when I call and show you how my food look." Destiny spoke as she began picking out her potatoes for her mash. She wanted to pick big potatoes so that she could have enough mash.

"Okay baby, be safe. I'll make sure I don't miss yo call." He chuckled before he ended the call on his end. Destiny pulled the phone away from her ear, stuffing it into her coat pocket as she began to grab a bag of spinach.

Checking it off of her list she started pushing the cart again, making her way towards the meat. Scanning the meat until she spotted a four pack of chicken breast. She wasn't cooking for anyone but she wanted to cook enough so she'd have left overs.

Stuffed chicken was her favorite.

Once she finished grabbing the chicken she make her way over to the diary side of the store for cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy whipping cream.

Once she grabbed all of those items she grabbed a pack of Parmesan cheese and then decided to make her way down the snack isle to find her some snacks.

She was running low being that her dad haven't even been home long enough to go grocery shopping, he's been just sending her money everyday for food or whatever she asked for.