A deal!

Callisto: Cut the crap! What do you really want.

Me: To stay at your side.

The sword was pressed against my throat and it was getting pressed harder and harder bis I felt a sharp pain but that was about it. I didn't move nor did I react to it at all. 

Me: You can kill me if you want. All I wish is to be by your side your Highness.

Callisto: So you like me huh?

Me: Yes.... and I know that sounds insane.

Callisto: More than that. What is your motive to approach me?

Me: ... I... I...

Callisto: Yes, you?

Now how was I about to tell him that I didn't wanted to get back home? Was it a good thing to just blure it out or was I supposed to hide my motive? No, no, no! I doubted hiding would make it any better. There was no need he would actually take me by his side if I was hiding things from him.

Me: I don't want to get back to that house. I also know that you resent your mother and your brother. 

The sword was now cutting into my skin and I was still looking sharply at Callisto. Of course I liked him and I knew I was risking my all here but I didn't care about this at all.

Me: I am being harassed and abused by the family of Eckhart. I can't stand it anymore. It is true that I love you but I also hoped that you can help me out and I can help you out as well.

Callisto: You help me? How?

It was now that I took out the small dagger and reflected his sword and even made a move so my blade was right at his throat. I was faster since my small dagger was in my hand and it was small. The sword needed some space but I didn't needed it at all plus I knew how to deflect a sword successfully.

Me: Because you are not the only hunter here. I might be mad but I am not insane. I know my cards well enough and I promise you loyalty and a way out of any arranged marriage plus any matchmaking. The position of the next king will be all yours without any doubt.

Hah, the look at Callistos face at this moment was really delicious. He was shocked and he was more than just shocked. There was nothing he could do about anything and he knew it. My dagger would kill him before he could kill me which made me a dangerous variable. Of course he could kill me as well but then he would defintiely miss an opportunity that was not easy to get.

Since I showed him my point, I removed the daggerand moved a bit away before putting the dagger away. With my bare hand I moved the sharp sword up and put it at my throat again while smiling at the crown prince.

Me: You can also kill me right here and now. I trust you and I don't regret anything.

Callisto: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Just a laugh.

It was not what I was expecting but it seemed enough to have made him waver too bad that my brother Derrick came searching for me at that very moment and pulling me away while pointing his sword at the crown prince.

Derrick: Please spare her, your majesty.

Me: Let me go young duke.

Callisto: Young duke huh... not brother.

Me: TSK!

I wanted to get free and was fighting Derricks hand but he was simply too strong for me to escape. Luckily Callisto put his sword away and pulled me towards him in an embrace.

Callisto: What right do you have to pull my fiance away from me?

Derrick: FIANCE?!

Me: .....

Okay, this was definitely a success but this was also something I didn't really see coming. I thought he would say something like girlfriend but not fiance.

Well no matter how confused I was, I had to play along and as if it was playing... I really was happy and I even felt my cheecks redden at the sudden statement.

Derrick: Penelope!

Me: No young duke. What he said is true. I love him.

Callisto: If this is all, then I will take my fiance away now.

Oh man... this crown prince didn't even wait at all before he escorted me away to a new carriage and helped me up so we were facing each other once more. He seemed done but he seemed also to enjoy this. Was it a dangerous combination? I don't know about that at all.