⁹ 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐩𝐭.𝟐

pt.2, lingering questions

    "Are you guys umm... dating?" 

The probability of this question being asked has resounded within my head for more times than I'd like to become common with.

    It's obvious.

    Anyone sane would question.

    Why are you suddenly moving in with a woman?

    Why is a woman letting a man move in with her?

    I've come familiar with the thought — people will question us.

    The circumstances of moving in with someone practically a stranger usually depends on one criteria — the individuals must be intimately in a serious relationship.

Thinking otherwise would partly be odd.

Jin questions me as his eyes meet mine with a rather fierceness tethering it. And my gaze enlarges by nothing more than a millimeter — Nothing less than what would make me feel suffocated.

Its been a little over a month since I started working for you. And within those months, I've bren largely amused onto why hadn't anyone questioned my relation with you, yet.

But here we fucking are.

    I wished to exist a little less before, but now I completely want to disappear.

The cogs in my mind turn, and I'm not looking for an answer. Why would I look for something that's not even lost? The answer to his question comes as easy — how could I think over something I could answer in a heartbeat.

    And just when my words take their turn to pronounce against my tongue, "PAPA!!" I hear a frail little voice cut between.

    Megumi peddles onto his tricycle, rushing towards me with a boisterous grin on his face, and my eyes glisten with adoration, and it's only today, the grin he splays against his supple cheeks that remind me so ardently of her.

    A mass of fluorescent white hair bounce behind Megumi, palms gripping the back supporter of Megumi's tricycle as he pushes the cycle to speed it up. Gojo guides the boy with an impish demeanor, two other little children running just behind him.

    They break in between the conversation I was having with Jin, but I'm no coward to dodge such an easy question.

    "Yeah, Gumi?" I crouch to the level of the boy. He stops in front of me and a wide grins pushes his cheeks, before he giggles when Gojo tickles him.

"Papa, look how fast Goomi can drive," His gaze is brimming with mischief when he turns his cycle around. Gojo scowls at me, but we don't say anything. Stupid fucker.

    He pushes Gumi's cycle, giving him a pace to start when the little boy starts to cycle.

I quietly chuckle, drowning within memories I find so pleasant. Memories where she'd laugh a soft chuckle, holding the little urchin in her arms as she tried to settle his spiky hair, or the gleam within her gaze I only doted as she sewed such adoration for our kid.

Her blessing.

Our blessing.

    When the boy drives out of my sight, I'm compelled to sigh. The question that Jin asked lingers against the conscious of my mind, rapturing my thoughts and screwing with my words.

    And so, when I stand up, I'm adamant to make it clear.

    "No, we ain't datin'. She offered me to live with her, dunno why. And who am I to refuse such an offer," How could I commit to a woman that's not her? "I'm practically getting to live rent-free so..."