Tragedy

It had been a week since that night, me and Oliver were even closer now and things were going great until- my phone rang it was Jake he didn't say much, just that he needed me to come over right away. I got there as fast as I could, I arrived to see police cars swarmed everywhere and body being carried into an ambulance. My heart dropped, is Jake okay?! I ran over and tried to cross the police tape but they didn't let me. "Jake! No stop my friend lives here, Jake!" Jake hears the familiar voice amd runs outside. "Let her through!" He yelled and we both ran over to each other. "Are you okay?!" "Yeah..." He said quietly into my shoulder. I looked up at him and he was looking at the ambulance, a small tear slid down his cheek. I pulled him close and hugged him again. I could hear as he burst into tears. My heart broke for him. A few minutes later his uncle Logan arrived and ran over, he hugged Jake and then started speaking to the police. When he was finished he told Jake to pack a bag and they'd come for the rest of his things later on. Logan put Jake's bag in the trunk and got in the car. Jake turned toward me and hugged me again. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I said softly. Jake opened the door and looked at his uncle. "Can- can Y/n stay over?" He asked. Logan nodded and we both got in the car. When we got there Logan grabbed Jake's bag and handed it to him. We went inside and Bree ran over and hugged Jake tightly. Junior came to view at the top of the stairs and looked down at us all. "Junior, could you show Jake to his new room?" Bree said. Junior nodded and smiled an obviously fake smile. It didn't take much for me to connect the dots, Jake's dad had died. How? No idea. But even though I'm sure Junior knew what happened, he was still an asshole to Jake. He showed Jake to his room and I followed behind Jake, I held his hand in mine. Junior opened the door Jake's room and we stepped in. Junior looked at me for a minute and then left. I hugged Jake again tightly. We just stayed there standing for a bit as I held him close and rubbed his back while he cried in my arms. I always hated seeing Jake cry, it pains me. I looked over and seen Junior still in the door way, when I noticed him he walked away. I went to the bed next to Jake's but he ended up making me sleep on the same bed as him. There was something he wasn't telling me but i didnt wanna ask. He seem horrified.

(Juniors pov)

"I see Jake and Y/n are still pretty close." My dad says, I nod and take a bite of my cereal. "I saw them all cuddled up this morning, I think they like each other." Mom says. I try my best to hold my laugh. "Whatever happened to the three of you? You used to be so close." Mom says. I shrug. "We grew apart, it happens." "I remember when you used to have the biggest crush on-" "mom!" I yell not wanting Y/n or Jake to hear. Mom smirks. "Ah, I see things haven't changed." I playfully roll my eyes and take another bite of my cereal. "I'll see you at school." "Okay." I heard the two familiar voices say. "Y/n, why don't you ride with us this morning?" Bree says. "Sure, I'll be back over in a few." I hear her say. I sit in the middle that way I'll for sure be sitting next to Y/n. She gives Jake a look and he shrugs, she sighs and sits in the seat. Once we get school I get out and head over to Lexy and Oliver.

(Your pov)

"Never to late to change your mind." I say to Jake. "Its fine, I want to." He takes a deep breath and holds my hand. As we make our way to the door Oliver stops us. He apologizes to Jake and invites him to the Halloween party. Oliver walks back over to Junior and Lexy. "Go ahead, I'll catch up." I tell Jake. The biggest smile appears on my face when I look over at Oliver. I run over to him and hug him. He smiles. "Did I mention I love you?" "Only everyday, but I wouldn't mind hearing it again." He chuckles. I kiss him passionately. "I love you, Hayden." "I love you." I interlock my fingers with his and pull him to class with me.

(Juniors pov)

"I can't believe he seriously invited that freak." Lexy scoffs. Oliver walks back over. "Why'd you invite him?" Lexy asks, annoyed. "Because I-" "did I mention I love you?" Y/n smiles. "Only everyday, but I wouldn't mind hearing it again." He chuckles. She kisses him for a good minute. I felt sick to my stomach."I love you, Hayden." "I love you." Ouch, that one hurt. She interlocks her fingers with his and pulls him to class. What i'd give for that to be me.