3: Forgive and Forget?

I woke up to the sound of my name being yelled. I opened my eyes to find Lyz right Infront of my face, well a blurry Lyz. "GAHHH!" "Calm down, but Anna and Chris do need to talk to you, hopefully you don't survive, they looked pissed." I rubbed my eyes before getting up "Alright, tell them to give me five minutes to get ready, I'll try to be fast" "Alright, better not keep them waiting long." She shrugged then walked off.

I walked to my bag of clothes and grabbed one of the first outfit that looks good. I brushed my hair and teeth before walking out to meet Anna and Chris. She was right, they do look pissed, maybe they found out..

"Hey Anna! Hey Christina!" Christina is a nickname I gave him at the start of our school year. "Elle! Hey, over here!" Anna waved at me as I walked over to them. "You wanna ask her?" "No you ask her, your the man!" "What? Since when have I acted more of a man than you?" Anna shrugged "Ok Elle, we got a question:  Are you and Lane dating?" That's what it was about? "I mean, I used to like him, I lost feelings about a few weeks ago when we became close friends." I shrugged, not much more too it, they know I'm asexual. "But people are saying your sneaking into classrooms together.." She whispered the last part "Oh, your ace I forgot, but still why are you?" "Its for a project ordered by Nicole, its a surprise for everyone." "Its probably a way to find Liza." Chris pipped in. I forgot she lost her Best Friend a while ago, it was due to a fight her and a close friend of mine had that caused it, I'm glad Nicole hasn't said it was partly my fault, but I still think she puts me first because she partly blames me.

"Hey umm, I go to go, you guys do whatever you want." I walked away heading to the cafeteria before one of them could stop me. As I walked in I saw a bunch of kids happily talking. I wish it could be this way again with everyone. If everything was the same I would of became a 8th grader today, hopefully that can one day happen.. "Elle!" I turned around to see Nicole and Lane, which Lane yelled my name. I stopped daydreaming and walked up to them. "Nicole, Lane. How are you?" "Good good, alright you two, I see your already almost done with your work so I think it would be time for you to pick kids to go this time." She looked away at that part. "Yeah, do you have any suggestions?" "I do, not anybody on the Council or anybody who has helped with any planning, we could need them later on." She looked around the cafeteria, "Basically any of them, we really aren't close with them." She shrugged before walking off. 

"You got any ideas? I mean I honestly think we should see who has some smarts and at least has a little stamina." I said while crossing my arms "Yeah, but how do we do that? I mean we could do a relay but who's going to participate willingly? I believe nobody in the right set of mind would even show themselves up to a competition to go out into the world to try and get supplies and news." "Hmm, what if we go?" "Nicole just said nobody who's helped, how would she let us?" "Well one she already wants me to go so I'm already going, two if there is less of us it will make us less suspicious, less likely to get caught, three you could pass as a Ninth Grader so it will be fine, and lastly we are a great team, we could do it!" I told him blandly, "I need to go talk to Nicole anyways, see you later." I responded while walking off.

I knocked on the Council door, hoping they weren't in a meeting. Well they shouldn't be, they normally are open at this time. While I was lost in my thoughts Adelyn opened the door. "Hey Elle, what do you need?" "I need to see Nicole, its sorta important." She looked behind her "I'll see what I can do, wait here." She closed the door and I waited a solid 3 minutes before Nicole came out. "Hey Elle! Have you guys decided?" "Well yeah sorta, I have two things but one can be waited until later. Anyways me and Lane, well mostly me, think it should be us two." "But what if something happens and you can't make it back? We need you two!" "Hear me out, having us two would be less suspicious with it only being 2 people, and we both could pass as Ninth Graders due to our looks. Also I was already going so it doesn't matter." "I'll think about it.. What else did you want to talk about? You said you had two things." "Oh yeah.." I let out a soft chuckle before continuing "Its more of a question: Have you ever forgiven me for the incident with Liza? I mean yeah it was partly Gretchen fault and I'm Best Friends with her so I didn't know if you held some type of grudge against me." She laughed. She laughed at that, which could mean I was being stupid for think she held a grudge or for thinking she forgave me. "Elle, I never held a grudge, of course I was upset but that's normal, you never blamed me right?" "Well no." "See? the reason I sent you out is because I knew you could handle a lot of people out in a world they haven't been in in a while. I trust you a lot Elle, more than you could ever know."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I was gone for probably over a month, I was busy with a lot of things but here is chapter 3. Thank you for reading!

Words: 1010