4: (Flashback) Past Regrets

1 Month Ago, Nicole's POV:

"You sure you want to go? You don't really get along with anyone here." "I'm sure, nobody else will go, I need to set an example." I looked down, I knew I probably wouldn't lose her, but I would blame myself if I did, and I couldn't bear losing her and holding a burden against myself. "I'll miss you, try to be safe!" She chuckled "I will, see you tomorrow!" She waved before walking off with Gretchen, Lucas, Gary, and Ryleigh. I looked around and saw Elle waving at someone.

"Hey Elle!" I waved as I walked over. They looked at me "Hey Nicole, I saw that Liza just left." They smiles at me "Oh yeah, I'm here for Gretchen, if Anna wasn't my Best Friend Greg would be." "Greg? I thought you said Gretchen." I raised my eyebrow as they laughed "Greg is Gretchen, its a nickname. I give all of my close friends one!" They smile at me before looking behind themselves. I saw Anna waving at them before they left. "Bye Nicole!" I smiled as they looked away. 

---------------

Liza POV: I waved at Nicole before walking outside. I turned around to face my group. "Alright, where should we go first?" "Probably the closest thing, and then split up, we can not let anyone know where we are at, it could cause a mass panic and could ruin everything, then get the police involved, then we could get sent to mental hospitals." Ryleigh said looking around for the closest place. "That's very specific.. Alright let's go, we shouldn't waste anytime!" Gretchen smiles. How could she smile right now at having the risk of getting sent to a hospital? They all started walking while I stayed in the back. This is not the group I thought I would get. I got Gretchen: a theatre and speech kid, Gary: a nerd, Ryleigh: a choir kid, and Lucas: a homophobic jock. How did we all end up together you might ask. Its simple even though I can't believe it, Gretchen because of Elle needing food to cook, Gary because he wanted to prove he is worthy, Ryleigh so she can prove her ex wrong, and Lucas because he is cocky and my Boyfriend said to impress me. He won't, he was already rude to one of my friends and called the the f slur. 

We arrived at a rundown sonic, which makes no sense since a pharmacy is closer. I guess everyone is hungry. "Ok everyone, Elle said we needed to get pieces from the machines and food from the inside. Me, Liza, and Lucas will go get food. Ryleigh and Gary you stay here and open up the machines and get parts." Gretchen read off of a paper. I walked inside to see a bunch of machines that looked easy to use. "Soooo Liza, how are you today?" Lucas asked sliding in right next to me. "I'm doing great." I said while trying to stay focused, he can't just take a hint can he? "Gretchen what do we need? Like what types of food?" She looked around "I guess anything you can find, but I would suggest looking for bags first." I started to look for anything that can be used as a bag. Lucas kept bugging me about how I was and how my Boyfriend and I were doing. "Why don't you go ask Gretchen about her boyfriend? Ok then I'll do it. Gretchen how are things with your boyfriend?" Gretchen looked up for a second "Eh fine, he's just been really dry lately, I think its because of Abby, she must be trying to get with him again.." Lucas looked over at Gretchen then back at me "Alright then, Gretchen how is your day?" He than walked over to her and started talking. She looked really uncomfortable but if I talk to him he will think its ok to talk to me the way he did and its not.

"Liza! Please get him away from me, I'm trying to keep the food in good condition for Elle!" I looked at her "I'm sorry but, he keeps making me uncomfortable.." I looked down, I felt bad but, I need my space. "Liza. I am about done with this! You keep pushing all this on me when your supposed to be helping me!" "So what? You seem to have it under control. Not more than that." "Your treating me like a servant or something! I'm about to leave you here!" By this time Lucas left with his sack and it was just me and Gretchen. "Gretchen, calm down. All your saying is bullshit. If you calm down we can work this out." She looked at me.. confused? I was starting to wonder if she was alright "I guess it is then. I just hope you know you have done NOTHING good for this trip!" She walked out of the store while I just stayed there. About a minute later she came running back in and grabbed me. I finally realized I was still there and was about to ask what's going on before she shushed me. 

I looked around to see lights.. FLASHLIGHTS! Oh no, did the police find us? I mean what we are doing is illegal so they could take us to Juvie instead of a mental hospital. I saw 2 grown men start walking in and looking around. Gretchen was sweating real bad. She also looked scared, I mean I was too, I've never been in this situation. I'm also guessing they heard us and decided to check it out.

"All clear." Man Number One said. "Wait, there is a corner over there, let me check it real quick." Man Number 2 said. He said a corner, oh no. Please don't be this corner please don't be this corner please don't b-. He saw us. "Got them, come on you two, we got to have a little 'chat' with you two about what you did." Oh no, this can't be good. Nicole is going to be so worried..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 day later- Nicole's POV:

I was pacing back and forth, where are they?! That's when I saw Lucas, Ryleigh, and Gary. "Where's Liza??? And Gretchen?" Honestly I don't know Gretchen but Elle is good friends with her and she is a living human, she at least deserves to be cared about. "They umm, got caught.." Ryleigh looked away. Caught? But how? Where? When? "When?" "Last night, they were arguing and got caught by the police. I'm sorry Nicole." Wait what? No no, this has to be a prank. But why would she prank me like this.. I'm sorry Liza. I will find you if its the last thing I do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made this on a limb, honestly I'm not sure if it explains enough of why their gone or not, or what my idea of what the fight was. Anyways I hope you enjoyed Chapter 4!

Words: 1157