Happy birthday Treyton

TREYTON•
Usually when I wake up I have my arms around my wife, but this morning her side of the bed was empty and cold meaning shes been gone for awhile. I got up and went to the bathroom so that I could splash my face and brush my teeth, then I got back in bed because it's that kind of morning. Pretty soon the door opened and my son came scurrying over with a card in his hands, "Daddy!"

I smile as I sit up, "Hey buddy what's that?"

He attempts to climb onto the bed so I lift him up, then his sisters walk in. "Happy birthday daddy"

"Thanks guys"

Trinity and Neveah sit on one side whereas Amariah sits on the other, Aidan sits on my lap whilst smiling up at me cutely. "That cards from all four of us", Neveah tells me

"And I got you the best gift, just saying" My sixteen year old states

"Shut up", The twins reply

I give my daughters each a kiss on the head, "I look forward to opening them"

"Mine first", Neveah says

"Where's your mom?", I then ask

"Downstairs"

"Dad, breakfast?" Aidan asks

It's his favourite meal of the day

"Yeah come on", I pick him up and we all leave the room

The girls were telling me about their day at school yesterday as we went downstairs since I didn't actually get to see them, I was working late last night and when I got home everyone was asleep. My nose was instantly hit with the smell of bacon, waffles, pancakes and syrup as we entered the kitchen, there was a lot of food on the island. And then of course there was my beautiful wife stood behind it (unsurprisingly wearing my robe) with an açai refresher in her hand.

I love it when she leaves her hair out

"Morning"

I grin, "Morning"

Dakota kisses me, "Happy birthday my love"

"Thank you"

"Hated waking up early but you're the only person I'd do that for"

"You're so cute"

She pats my chest, "I know"

"What about us", Amariah asks

"What wake up early for you? We've established that's dads job"

I chuckle

"Gifts first or breakfast, your choice" Dakota then says to me

"Breakfast", Aidan answers

She laughs, "I was asking daddy"

"We can do breakfast"

She pats my abs, "Alright. Let's feed this stomach that never gets big"

Neveah reaches over for a slice of toast but Dakota taps her hand away, "Dad first"

"Fine"

Amariah takes Aidan from me so that she can make him a plate, D was giving me special treatment and served me knowing already what my picks would be. Did I mention that I love my birthday?

"It's very unfair that we can't come to this dinner"

"What dinner?", I ask

"I'm taking you out without the kids" Dakota mentions

"Oh really?", I say with intrigue

"Yes, and Veah don't worry because we'll come to grandmas right after"