intro

ashton

"Can we please finish watching the movie? This game isn't as fun as you said it would be," Lina whines, tugging at my sweaty hair.

"Ow! Please, don't pull my hair," I whisper. "And could you please be quiet!"

She loudly groans and starts tapping against the wall in a steady rhythm, humming a song that is unfamiliar to me.

"Lina!" I snap.

"Ashy, this is boring!"

Both of our breathing hitches once we notice the dark shadow that has appeared underneath the door. I tighten my grip around her scrawny arm and she climbs into my lap, burying her pale face into my chest. I bring both of my lips into my mouth as I realise how badly she's shaking, shaking from fear. Complete and utter fear.

"Ashton...? What is that?" Her soft voice cracks and it causes my heart to drop down to the center of the earth.

"Shh, it'll be okay. I promise." I run my hand through her equally-sweaty hair and take in a sharp breath. I just lied to her face, and now there is no taking it back.

I can't tell her that we'll be okay. I can't tell her that we'll be safe. I can't tell her that that thing will go away. I can't tell her that I'm gonna get her out of here. I can't tell her why or how this happened. I can't tell her anything without lying to her.

Well, I could tell her that we're most likely going to die, but what kind of person would I be if I did that?

The doorknob begins to turn, squeaking very loudly, and Lina buries her tear stained face in my chest, "No no no. Ashton, make it go away."

The door flies open, and I am somehow able to drown her screams out as a realisation hits me straight in the fucking face.

This is all my fault.

this sucked tbh, but here's the intro : ) hope you enjoyed

and it gets better. i promise