Birds don't sing, they screech in pain.

ii

ii. BIRDS DON'T SING, THEY SCREECH IN PAIN.

 BIRDS DON'T SING, THEY SCREECH IN PAIN

As the train continued to speed towards its destination, Eureka's nervousness persisted. The anticipation of what awaited her and the other tributes at the Capitol weighed heavily on her mind. Elizabeth's guidance offered little solace as she led them to the tables overflowing with a vast array of delectable dishes from all corners of Panem.

"Be sure to eat as much as both of you want, you both deserve it," Elizabeth cheerfully declared before excusing herself to find their mentor. Despite her kind words, the sense of unease lingered within the young girl. The lavish feast before them seemed like a cruel contrast to the grim reality of the Hunger Games. It almost felt as though they were being pampered before a brutal fate awaited them in the arena.

However, Eureka attempted to suppress such thoughts and tried to focus on the present moment. She observed the young boy seated next to her, his eyes wide with wonder as he tasted foods that were completely foreign to their humble district. Eureka followed suit, cautiously placing various dishes on her plate. She couldn't help but wonder how the Capitol residents could indulge in such abundance while countless families back home struggled to put food on their tables.

As she nibbled on her food, Eureka's mind swirled with conflicting emotions - gratitude for the feast, fear of the unknown challenges that awaited them in the Games, and a growing sense of determination to survive. The thought of returning to her district alive and proving that she was more than just a pawn in the Capitol's cruel games fueled her determination.

In the face of overwhelming odds, Eureka knew that she had to summon every ounce of strength and resourcefulness. The Capitol may have wanted to treat them like entertainment for the masses, but she was determined to show them that she and the young boy seated beside her were not to be underestimated.