Crossed destinies

*Oneshot inspired by some chats I did, although I have changed the topic and the situation for something much better. I've been wanting to write it for so long, and it's finally here! It's something that I imagined a long time ago when I started creating my character. So I hope, you like it*

I looked at myself in the mirror in my new clothes. The makeup that I wear now is much more discreet, in lighter tones. I have gotten rid of all dark tones, chains, spiked bracelets, chokers... Anything that makes me a person... Normal. Although normal can sometimes become very superficial. 

Well almost normal, I still have my hair dyed black. I hope to return to my natural blonde soon.

Normal. What is that word for people actually? Right now, I'm not sure. I only know that after everything that has happened, I don't want to remember the case that almost made them discover one of the secrets of the police station: that I help my father and his team in their cases.  

No. 

Helped. 

I don't do it anymore. 

I also did it as an internship, because I saw myself helping him as an adult. Now that dream has been shattered, I don't want to know anything about investigations. Never. 

It's looking in the mirror and I don't recognize myself. It's like I'm seeing another person. Maybe it's a little silly to change the way I dress just because of what has happened, but it is assumed that when you want to turn the page, you make big changes. Well, this is one of them. So I will not remember this stage of my life. 

I get a message and pick up my phone. Gabriel, my best friend, was claiming me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Gabbe
Hey, is it still worth going to that abandoned church in the end?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I hit myself on the forehead. I had completely forgotten about it. I've been so stressed these days that I feel like everything is going at the speed of a train or a plane. I don't have it in control.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Macie
Sorry Gabbe, I completely forgot 🤦‍♀️
Today I have
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I send it incomplete. If I told him, he would surely be mad at me. And more knowing if he knew with whom.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Gabbe
You have?
Something has happened? 

Macie
Well...
Do you remember Adler? 

Gabbe
How not to forget that asshole 😑
He and his friends decided to put pictures of satan on my table
Do they think that because I'm goth I have to adore that man? 

Macie
Yeah, an asshole... 

Gabbe
Has he done something to you?
Because if it is, then he will deal with me! 

Macie
I appreciate your "protective brother" mode, dear friend, but it has done nothing to me
But he has asked me out 

Gabbe
...
Adler?
The same Adler who tells us to go back to Halloween Town?
Hey, if you're starting to take drugs and you're having a hallucinogenic trip right now, you can be honest with me