[7] "Feeling exhausted..."

title: A "Dangerous" Woman

"I think Lloyd is bipolar..."
— Harumi Jade

———

One crack of a branch was enough to send Lloyd into a frenzy. Harumi was uncomfortable with that sword so close to her neck and his hand on her mouth. She was frustrated, especially because of her thoughts about him.

They were alone in the jungle of Primeval's Eye until that wasn't and they had heard machines surrounding them, sounds from all around them.

How did they get here? Let me see:

'I screamed, a snake crawling up my foot.', Harumi had thought.

And... Yeah.

She didn't think of the consequences but fear does take a toll on one's judgement...

They tread lightly and silently, reaching a tree to hide under, his hand once again on her mouth but his sword no longer on her neck.

They stood there for a while as Lloyd kept his eyes on the sky to make sure their enemies passed them, and they did.

"What's up with you?", he narrowed his eyes and looked at her dangerously as they glowed yet again (seems like someone has got anger issues):

"You being an asshole was not part of the deal."

"Oh, yeah? What do you think the deal was?"

"...",

Lloyd sighed at Harumi's silence, "Yeah, yeah... I'm sorry, I won't be making excuses anymore. I'm an asshole, I know."

"You admitting that makes me think I'm dreaming."

"The faith you have in me is incredible, Harumi...", he said sarcastically.

Lloyd suddenly felt a presence behind him, he picked up Harumi and ran as fast as he could:

"Team, what's the status?", he pressed his tiny communication device that stayed hidden in his ear, while hoisting the platinum blonde on his back, still running.

"Engines up, wings up, ready for tactical retreat!", Nya said in a hurry.

"Great, you have my coordinates, right?"

"Yep, head straight ahead!"

He exited the thick trees with brute force and pressed his com again:

"You guys better put that ladder down and quick! Vehicles and stray villains closing in!"

"Got it!", Kai says before he throws the ladder down with the help of Jay.

"Shit.", Lloyd mumbles under his breath as the Mechanic tried to catch his leg, Harumi pretending to be unconscious, ironically scared for her life.

He kicked him, managing to escape, barely. Kai and Jay pull him up as the ship quickly accelerates after:

"You OK there, buddy?", Kai asks.

"Fine.", Lloyd says out of breath.

"You're way brave! I would neverrr...!", Jay exclaims and Kai just shakes his head while Cole sighs detecting his bullshit as he always over exaggerates his fear.

"Wait... Is that The Quiet One... On your back...?", Cole asks more and more cautious.

"Don't worry, she's harmless. Ow!", Harumi pinches him, still pretending to be asleep.

"You OK, Lloyd?", Cole asks.

"Yeah... I'm peachy.", he pauses with a weird expression on his face, "I'll go put her in restraints."

He quickly heads into the cabins of the ship, feeling exhausted...

———

a/n: I know this chapter is quite short, I apologize, I will try to make the next one longer. Besides that, how was it? :>