Part 17

Nurses went in and out of the room while Pete stood outside dumbfounded.

Phayu was poisoned. 

"It was for me...."

Vegas looked at Pete.

"I  was the one who was going to eat those chocolates and strawberries...."

Vegas' eyebrows frowned.

The doctor came out of the room.

"He is okay now...."

That was a gruesome day for Pete. Now he looked back at his own son who was carried back to his room after attending training. His son is barely 6 years old. He is being trained. He is like a crown prince being swaggered around the mansion. Pete could sense it. It was a blood calling. Pete has no control over it. Pete knew now he couldn't protect his son on his own. As one night one assain maid made it to Phayu's room. She was shot dead in front of him by a bullet in her head. Pete had given a bath to Phayu himself. Hugged him tightly in his embrace and put him to sleep for a week.  

.

.

.

Phayu had all the riches he could imagine. Loads of toys. His dada was dressed in the best of clothes and a new father. But the new father didn't feel like one. Phayu could feel it. The way Vegas looked at him. He knew those eyes. That filth look was the same as one given to his hater by those people passing by on the street. When they how ugly his dada looked or how repulsively those winny kids cried when they saw his dad.

Phayu could feel how repulsive of existence he was to his new father. Well, he didn't want him to. Those stoic and cold eyes.  Occupying his dada. He felt so angry after a week of gun shooting at his room his dada was always by his side. He even changed his room and changed each and every piece of furniture inside it. He was peacefully sleeping in his dada's arms when Vegas entered inside and picked up his dad in his arms.

Dada kept resisting but Vegas was not ready to give an inch. He had locked Dada in that wretched room while he looked back at Phayu with a repulsive look. Bitting hitting Phayu tried everything but nothing worked.

"Why are you doing this??"

Vegas has smirked in return.

"Because...I can" Phayu had never heard such a simple answer.

Vegas turned around and instructed the bodyguards. Phayu was carried back to his own room to sleep with those demons alone. His room was locked. He cried at first then turned silent.  He knew he was weak. He never felt so helpless.  

The poisoning incident was the last straw that broke the hope he had for Vegas. His mind was conscious he could listen to the doctor talking to Vegas.

"He is out of danger...."

Vegas just hummed in response.  The doctor walked out while Vegas was left in the room. He walked to Phayu creassing the face silently.

"Why do you look just like me??."...He murmured in a small voice..."I don't know should I be happy that you ate those strawberries  and Pete wasn't harmed or should I be sad that you are not dead yet......"

Phayu heart stopped for a second. He held his breath trying to make himself stable.

"Stop pretending that you are asleep... I know you are awake... You still can't control it....your heartbeat.. "

Phayu opened his eyes and looked at  Vegas frightened.

"Don't worry...I won't kill you..." He scoffed a laugh. "Actually I can't....Pete loves you too much....But I won't protect you either...If you have the ability to protect yourself then be happy to do so..."

That's how it started when he got himself together. He was sent to training. Train to control his inner alpha. Use the power he was gifted with. Develop resistance to poison by consuming poison. His dada didn't know about it. His dada cried and begged him to stop the training every day whenever he came back bruised or fainted. He looked across the room where Vegas sat with a smirk then back at his helpless dada who can't fight this evil man. His dada thought he didn't know but how could he not?... How many times has his dada fought? How many times he tried to run away? He had guessed it now. His dada pretending to be okay.

He made a promise to himself to become strong and take his dada away and maybe that little guy named Gun too. He is a sticky kind. He speaks incoherently but a lot. 

He shrugged his dada's hand away and told him he wanted to do it.

Vegas has just smirked at him.

.

.

.

Pete's life has taken a very lethargic turn. He is nesting now. Macau couldn't even get a glimpse of him for weeks now. Vegas now sticks by Pete's side holding him and scenting him. Pete used each and every cloth he could find of Vegas to use in his nest. Macau used excuses like talking about business to pry at Vegas' bedroom. He failed every time as Vegas would guide him to his own office whenever he opened the room. One fine morning while holding a stack of files he knocked on Vegas' room again. To his surprise room was pushed open.

He calmed his heart and walked inside. His steps quickly turned into silent ones trying to minimise his existence. He followed the strong smell of Vegas. The sight that welcomed him made his throat run dry. Pete sleeping in his nest surrounded by various trinkets.. His manhood was barely covered by a white silk linen sheet.