Infirmum Tempis

Summary: Karma doesn't show up to class and Nagisa decides to go check up on him.

Hurt/Comfort...angst....?????

TW: fevers, sickness, mentions of food, food, verbal abuse, yelling, verbal fighting, alleged degrading comments, manipulation?? beginning of an anxiety attack that kinda just stops...yeah...you'll see, pills but Advil,

This takes place whenever you see fit.

Honestly, I try to write it neutrally so that my OneShots can either be seen as a ship between the two or just a really good friendship. Whatever you see fit. I tried to avoid the OOC Infection as much as I could, so let's hope this fits the characters well enough😅😅. Enjoy besties! Also, I'll try using "blunet" to describe Nagisa, lemme know how you feel about that, and if it should stay or not .v. Also realized I made this a bit angsty and the end drifts off a bit from the main ship, but hey, gotta add the mommy issues sooo 🤷‍♀️ forgive me I kinda cringed writing this so if your reading this and cringing...you're not alone.

Credits to one of my many besties who have given me a nickname that may or may not be used for Karma: "Karmie".

Title Meaning: "Sick Times" in Latin. Infirmum = Sick , Tempis = Time(s).

—————————————————————-

"Karma?" Nagisa calls out as his knocks on the front door of the Akabane Home, happy that it's finally a Friday. He waits a few more seconds before hearing the unbolting of locks before being met with an all too familiar redhead, except...

"Karma?!" Nagisa exclaims as he takes in his best bud's appearance. Karma was wearing a black tee and dark blue shorts; his eyes displayed exhaustion and overall looked like death was at his door.

"Oh, hey Nagisa," he sniffs, the other cringing at how stuffed the redhead's nose was.

"What brings you here?"

The two awkwardly stand there for a moment as Nagisa digests the question, still stunned at how dead Karma looked despite only missing one day of school.

"I came to make sure you were still alive," the shorter replies as Karma nods, leaning against the doorframe for support.

"Well, as you can tell, I'm sick. I think that bastard that I fought the other day had some sort of bug or something because I've been feeling like crap ever since," he explains, chuckling before lightly closing his eyes as Nagisa nods.

"I see. Do you need anything? I'd be happy to help if you'd like," he offers as the other shrugs, running a hand through his damp hair.

"A shoulder to cry on would be nice," he jokes, flashing the other a weak smile before nodding.

"Make yourself at home," he says, dramatically swooping an arm towards the inside of his house. Nagisa does so and steps inside, the taller shutting and locking the door behind him.

"I hope you don't mind that I've brought the homework. Koro Sensei insisted that I gave it to you," Nagisa says, wincing as the smell of what seems to be disinfectant spray attacks his senses. The smell reminded him of those terrible times he, himself, had fallen ill, and his mother had to take care of him. Those were dark times.

"Thanks," Karma mutters, taking a seat on the couch as he watches the blunet place the small stack of papers onto the table in front of them, awkwardly standing there.

"Your parents still on their trip?" He asks as Karma nods. Nagisa always found himself to idolize Karma's isolated lifestyle; he wondered if he, himself, could live without the dependence of family to guide him. Surely he couldn't, right? Despite all the rough times he had gone through with his mother, Nagisa still learned a crap ton of things from her, like how to cook, do laundry, and keep a clean and tidy room. But...who did Karma learn his survival skills from?