Garden Friends - Hajime x Reader

Sunlight hit the ground, sometimes obstructed by students running back and forth. Amongst those students were two other Reserve Course students, peacefully making their way to their usual hang out spot. It was a small bench, hidden in the shade by a gigantic tree that looms over it,"Sorry for being a bit late, by the way. The teacher held us back." Hajime apologised. You bowed your head,"It's fine, did Natsumi do something again?"

"No it was someone else this time." Hajime chuckled as you both sat down on the bench,"I don't know if that's good or bad but it's a start." You noted. You both sat unusually close to each other, taking out your lunches. Days like this were why you kind of enjoyed not having a talent, if you were in the Main Course and Hajime was in the Reserve Course it'd be a whole different story.

"So... Did you think about it..?" Recently Hajime had told you something he really shouldn't have. Recently the higher ups of the school had approached Hajime to ask him to be part of a project, the Hope Cultivation Project,"I... I did but.. I think I need some more time.. The deadline is in two weeks after all.." He held his lunchbox on his legs, allowing you to hold his hand. He blushed, looking at you,"Just remember I won't hate you if you choose to do it, okay? I know how much you want a talent.." You told him and smiled.

You didn't really want him to do it. He told you that if he did choose to participate, all of his current memories would basically be wiped from his brain. You really cared for him, you loved him. You didn't want him to forget you but if it meant he'd get what he wants then you shouldn't interfere.

Turns out you held his hand for too long, since when you finally snapped out of your little worried moment you saw Hajime's face had gone red,"U-uh Y/N-" You quickly let go, turning to face away and hide your embarrassment,"Sorry I spaced out..-" You apologised,"I-it's alright.." Hajime replied.

You both ate your lunches in peace, looking at the cute garden in front of you,"Hey Y/N.. What's your favourite type of flower?" Hajime asked. You thought for a bit,"I guess Sunflowers. They're called that because they always face towards the sun. That's how I want to be like... someone who always sees the bright side of things.." You replied, staring down at the concrete ground,"Why do you ask?" You looked back up at Hajime. He smiled,

"So I know what present to get for a special someone before everything changes, for the better or worse."