Attack

They briefly saw six men armed with guns storm the building, then the monitor suddenly went black.

"Damn it, I thought it wasn't a technical defect. Who are the guys? Kono, how long ago was that?"

"According to the time-stamped footage, about two minutes."

"Okay, quick, put on your vests and then we'll check the building. Always careful, we don't know where they are or what they are doing here anyway."

Steve quickly unlocked the gun closet and everyone steeled themselves as quickly as they could.

"We split up. Chin and Kono check our floor, Lou and Cath check the basement. Danny and I will take the first floor."

They ran off with their weapons at the ready.

As Chin and Kono finished the first floor, they heard the elevator door open and one of the guys from the video entered the anteroom. They crept quietly towards him, always taking cover, so that they came out behind him. Just as he had reported his status that the upper floor was empty and was about to head back to the elevator, he was grabbed by Chin and disarmed. Kono pulled out some of the zip ties and tied him up. She also gave him a gag. They radioed the others that they had disabled one of the intruders.

Lou and Catherine had meanwhile arrived in the basement. Carefully and slowly, Lou opened the door to the basement. Voices reached them. It sounded like they were coming out of their interrogation room.

"Damn it, shouldn't he be here? The boss said they took him to Five-0 and are interrogating him, why isn't he here now."

"No idea. Wait a moment." He picked up the radio. "Boss, there isn't anyone down here, are you sure they brought him here? Maybe he's on another floor?"

"No," the radio croaks, "they're clean. Paul checked upstairs and we looked around on the ground floor. He must be down there somewhere. Take a good look again."

Shaking his head, the crook turned back to his buddy. "No one is here, we aren't blind. Let's go back upstairs and let the boss see for himself. I'm not his maid."

Footsteps sounded and came nearer. Lou quietly closed the door again, gave Catherine a signal and they lined up to the left and right of the door. When the two intruders then came through the door, there was a short scramble, then both were arrested. Lou took the radio.

When they got to the first floor, Danny and Steve were horrified to find that the entire foyer was full of hostages. Everyone was lying face down on the floor. Red cables ran from the exit door to the right and left, presumably they had booby-trapped the door. They carefully remained as hidden as possible on the stairs leading to the foyer and counted two suspects, they couldn't spot the third one anywhere. However, Lou and Chin had only taken three criminals into custody. Steve and Danny gestured at each other, clarifying who should take on which of the criminals, then cautiously approached. Steve was only three paces from the apparent leader when a gun muzzle pierced his ribs. "Gun away."

Steve dropped his gun, seeing no other option.

"You too, blondie. Put your gun away or you gonna watch your friend bleed."

Danny carefully put his gun down as well.

"Bring him over here," the man ordered his colleague.

The crook pushed Danny over to Steve.

"Kneel down."

One of the two kicked Steve in the back of the knee because he didn't want to kneel down. However, Danny tried to follow the instructions as quickly as possible so that this didn't happen to him.

"Paul, where are you? I think there is nobody upstairs. Paul?" ... "Chris, how about you guys, did you finally find him?" ... "Five-0, I know you're still in the building and I'm very sure you can hear me. So let's make it very simple, I want the prisoner you have here for interrogation. If I don't have him here in five minutes, I'll start shooting hostages. And just so you know I'm serious..."

The man leaned down a little toward Steve, ripped the name tag off his vest, then straightened and continued talking on the radio. "...I'll start with Commander McGarrett. Better hurry up before another colleague of yours gets killed."

Then he pointed his gun at Steve and pulled the trigger...