Wo Fat

Two days later, the Five-0 team, along with SWAT, was stationed at the harbor, having been there since midday. They have gotten an anonymous message, that a gun deal would happen here today.

It was now 5 PM, and nothing had happened yet. Snipers were positioned at every possible vantage point, and a few people were patrolling the harbor in teams of two, undercover, to see if anything suspicious was going on. Steve and Catherine were among them. The two were just walking around a container and were about to head back when they suddenly heard a gun being cocked behind them.

"Hands up and turn around slowly."

Steve and Catherine immediately recognized the voice, and when they turned around, their suspicion was confirmed. Wo Fat was standing in front of them.

"You're not as smart as you think, Steve. Otherwise, you wouldn't have walked right into my trap."

"But you're not that smart either. There are a lot of cops here, so you're not getting away."

Steve had an earpiece in and knew his team was listening and probably already on their way to him and Catherine.

"We'll see about that. But it's a shame you didn't bring your daughter. I would have liked to have a chat with her; maybe I'll still get the chance."

"If you hurt her, I'll kill you!"

"For that, you'd have to be alive, and soon you won't be. I've waited long enough for this."

In the next moment, everything happened so fast that Steve couldn't even process it. Wo Fat had his finger on the trigger and was aiming directly at Steve. In that instant, Catherine threw herself in front of Steve, taking the bullet for him. Wo Fat aimed to shoot again, but hearing the quick footsteps approaching, he sprinted toward the boat he planned to escape on.

Then Kono, Danny, Chin, and Lou reached Steve and Catherine, and Danny called for an ambulance. Steve knelt beside Catherine, took off his shirt, and tried to use it to somehow stop or at least reduce the bleeding. Catherine had already lost consciousness, and a pool of blood had formed beneath her.

"Cath, I'm so sorry... please, hold on... I can't live without you, I can't, and Helen can't lose another mother."

Steve kept checking her pulse, but suddenly, he couldn't feel it anymore. Immediately, he began performing CPR while Danny quickly took over applying pressure to the wound.

Steve was on the verge of a complete breakdown. He didn't know what he would do if he lost Catherine, and it was all his fault for falling for the fake deal. On top of that, he would have to explain everything to Helen, and that was a conversation he desperately wanted to avoid.

"Come on, Cath, breathe... you have to fight... please... stay with me... damn it!"

After another minute, the ambulance finally arrived, but Catherine still hadn't started breathing again...

Catherine was loaded into the ambulance, and Steve jumped in with her. The vehicle sped off with lights flashing and sirens blaring as soon as the doors closed. The paramedics were still trying to resuscitate Catherine, but the flatline persisted stubbornly. Tears welled up in Steve's eyes. This couldn't be happening.

When they arrived at the hospital, Catherine was immediately rushed into surgery. Desperate, Steve remained outside the door. He couldn't lose her. Restlessly, he paced up and down the hallway and soon found himself in the chapel connected to the hospital.

Steve sat down in one of the pews, burying his face in his hands. When he lifted his head, it was wet with tears.
"You wanna take somebody? Take me! Not her. Take me!"