Twenty Two🔥

Esmè knew how she was trying to work out who had cut the breaks on Cain's car. She knew that it had to be someone who wanted Cain dead.

She was adamant that her mum had something to do with it. But Kim had said countless times she didn't do it.

Esmè didn't know what to believe. She felt like it was all getting too much for her. She just wanted Cain. He was the only person who made living in the village worthwhile.

She felt as though she needed a clean break. But she couldn't leave while she didn't know what was going on with Cain.

She wanted to leave with him. For them to start their own life. But she knew he wouldn't leave. Not while his kids were there.

Esmè had been struggling with everything. She was okay. But Cain wasn't. She hadn't even spoken to any of the Dingle's. She didn't know if they blamed her for what happened.

Grace had been there for her. But it wasn't the same. She wanted Cain. He was the one who made her smile. He made her eyes light up when he walked in.

All she knew was that her life was complicated. And she just didn't know how to feel about it. She wanted things to be okay. But she wasn't sure on that.

Morning came and she woke. She checked her phone and saw nothing. She rolled onto her back and sighed.

Everything was too messy. And she didn't like it. She just wanted to be okay. She wanted Cain back more than anything.

The door opened and Grace walked in. She smiled. "Hey. I made you a coffee. Didn't think you'd wanna be downstairs with mum."

Esmè sighed. She sat up and looked to her. "It's not that. I just... I don't believe she didn't have anything to do with this. She said she didn't want me with Cain. And this would be her way of proving that," she told her.

Grace sat on the bed with her. She looked to her. "I get you. You just have to admit that it seems a bit far fetched for mum. Maybe she hired someone to do it. We'll never know because she's not telling us," she said.

"That's it! She had to have paid someone to do this. Grace you're a genius!" Esmè said. She looked to her. "We have to prove it now. She paid someone."

Grace knew how her sister was adamant that Kim was the reason behind the crash. And it was clear to her that Esmè wasn't going to give up until she got the proof.

***
Esmè arrived at the hospital. She saw Chas and smiled. "Has there been any change?" She asked.

Chas smiled. She nodded. "He's awake. They've taken him for some tests. Do you know who's done this? They almost killed him," she said.

"I think my mum hired someone to do this. I can't be 100%. She says it wasn't her. But that doesn't mean she didn't do it indirectly," Esmè  said.

Chas nodded. She knew that Esmè loved Cain. And it was so obvious. "Try and find out. Cain will go mad trying to find who did this."

***
Esmè walked into her mum's office at Home Farm. She managed to log onto her banking. She checked through the transactions. And sighed.

She couldn't see anything. But just how could Esmè prove that Kim was the one who caused the crash?