Ch. 44: Breaking Ties Through Truth

Gianna's Pov

The Lightning Masters and I were all chilling. Oriana was not here though. Though the youngest of all of us, she seemed to be more capable than the rest of us. Just then a knock disturbed us. Can't we get some peace. I got up and opened the door to see no one there. But there was a bag full of tapes and a letter. I picked it up and brought it inside. The others looked at me confused.

"What is that, Gianna?" Dario asked me. I shrugged as I sat back down at the spot as I was at before.

"Don't know. You guys want me to read the letter?" I asked everyone. Everyone nodded as I got the letter, opening it. It was from Oriana, it was her handwriting. "Dear Lighting Master, I am truly sorry for everything. I have to go, leave the world, essentially. Don't worry, I will not die, nor am I actually dead myself. Inside the bag, there are multiple tapes, and one is addressed to you guys. Watch it, please. Maybe then, you will understand why I left. I will miss you guys, goodbye. Yours truely, Oriana Firefrost Pax. Wait, why is the name Firefrost familiar?"

"I think one of the Autobots mentioned it, but what does she mean by 'leave the world?' Does that mean?" Brittany asked, as I shook my head. This letter was confusing, as not even I knew what she meant.

"I think that it is best that we see the video. Whatever Oriana was trying to explain, she did not do it well in this letter," Dario explained. We all agreed as I grabbed the one that had our team's name on it. I put in the disc as I sat back down. Oriana's face came onto the TV screen.

"Lightning Masters, if you are seeing this, that that means that I am either dead, by one of the two factions of Cybertronians, or the situation became complicated or dire that I cannot stay here on Earth," Oriana stated. I knew she was not dead, but what could be so complicated or dire that forces her to leave. "To start things off, I should fully introduce myself. I am Oriana Firefrost Pax, or Firefrost. I am, myself, a cybertronian."

"She is a cybertronian? How is that possible?" Annouk asked, pausing the video. We all looked at him annoyed.

"Well, we would know if you let the video continue, Annouk," Dario mentioned, annoyed. I took the remote from my teammate as I pressed play.

Ratchet's POV

Why did it have end like this? Now is just the waiting game to see how I go out, Decepticons or rust. I should have made him come with, but knowing him, he would not have listened. Everything I fought for, what others fought for, it was all for nothing now. With everyone separated here on Earth, no way off, and no leader, the Decepticons have essentially won the war. The only things I think about is how differently this could have played out and how was Firefrost holding up with seeing her parents. I heard a car drive up, so I chose to stay silent. A car door open and closed as someone walked up to my vehicle. I did not pay attention to who it was until they entered me.

"Why are you here?" I asked in a monotone voice. She did not say anything, staying silent. I waited for her response to my question. The silence hung over us for about thirty minutes before she spoke again.

"I am truly sorry, Ratchet. I know that of all things, you wanted Cybertron back," she whispered. I sighed, kinda expecting this.

"I am sorry too. I was wrong to question your judgement, Oriana. You have always had sound judgement and reasoning for the things you do, I was just angry that it had to turn out that way," I apologised to her. She leaned back in the seat she was sitting in, a sorrowful look on her face. She was lost in thought.

"I'm leaving," she stated blandly. I was not surprised she didn't want to stay here with me in this dump.

"Okay," I stated back, opening up my door for her, but she just closed it again.