Chapter 8: Yuletide Givings

Harry's P.O.V.

I woke up on the morning of December 21st, the Winter Solstice, Yule had come at last. I breathed a few times trying to clear my head, as Gran instructed, to start forming my Occlumency shields. Though this ritual should help as it celebrates rebirth. And that's what I'm trying to do, be reborn.

After about twenty minutes of meditating, managed to figure out a trick. Instead of clearing my head of thoughts, I focused on just my breath. After a few more minutes I got up and got dressed. I went downstairs for breakfast and was pleasantly surprised to see Hannah, Neville and, the most important witch, Susan.

"Sue!" I said excitedly hugging her. "Nev, Hannah!" I said happily, hugging them both at once. After they greeted me in kind, we sat down around the table for breakfast. Padfoot soon joined us and got the Daily Prophet.

"Oh, looks like the next generation of the Warrior Alliance is also as philanthropic as the previous ones," Sirius chuckled.

"Wait... how did they find out?" I asked with wide eyes. "We were trying to remain anonymous!"

"Probably because you decided to use your fame to help convince various companies to 'donate' all those gifts to all those students that got injured by the troll," Hannah smirked.

"He wasn't using his fame, he just asked them how much it'd be for all of that, and they opted to do it for free," Susan said shooting a warning look at Hannah.

Soon, we were sitting around passing out Yule gifts. I got some candy from people I haven't met. Some books and I gasped as I opened Sirius' present to me. Padfoot gave me a top of the line broom, the Nimbus 2000. I quickly hugged him and turned to my last present. I opened the gift, and saw a familiar looking cloak with a note that say my father left it in whomever sent it's possession, but it wasn't signed.

"Gran, looks like the Headmaster did as you thought and sent me that invisibility cloak!" I called.

"Give it here, Harry," Gran said as I handed it over and she packed it back up and used magic to mimic Dumbledore's handwriting and made a new note and sent it to Ronald Weasley.

Third Person

"Why didn't Harry send me a gift?!" Ronald Weasley muttered darkly to himself as all of his brothers kept ignoring him due to the stupid sorting hat's malfunctioning and placing him in Slytherin. Suddenly a package popped on his bed.

"A new present?! Sweet!" Ronald cheered as he ripped open the package and found a cloak. He shrugged and threw it over himself and looked down to see nothing. "Bloody Hell! I got an invisibility cloak!" He cheered and found the note.

"To my beloved Ronald, I gave you the gift that keeps on giving. You deserve it. I hope you think of me everytime you use it. I can't wait for you to graduate. XOXO, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore," Ron read the joke note that Harry's Gran made.

A/N: I'm back, I'm sorry it took so long, but I got hurt really bad last year and I'm still recovering. So, to everyone who's still following, thanks!