The First Date

Castiel was greeted early that morning with a severe case of sickness and a nosebleed that wouldn't stop for several minutes. Not to mention, he finally tied a bandana around his head, having lost all his hair a few days after he got out of the hospital.  All in all, he figured it was going to be a terrible day.

But, even he could not expect walking down the stairs that morning to see Dean sitting at his kitchen table, chewing on a sausage and chatting happily with Castiel's father. Chuck looked up at his son, smiling at him as he walked in.

"Feeling better this morning?" Chuck asked, and Castiel felt his cheeks burn as he realized that his illness had woken his father up that morning. He nodded, feeling a bit sullen as he took a shy place beside Dean, glancing at the boy out of the corner of his eyes.

"So, what's going on?" Castiel asked, not looking at Dean. He didn't know why, he just felt incredibly shy around the boy at the moment. Maybe his mood switches were getting the better of him.

"Oh, we're just discussing where Dean is taking you on you guys first date." Chuck said casually, making Castiel blush brightly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"W-what?" Castiel responded, glancing at Dean to see the boy was blushing as well. It was then that he noticed that Dean was in a t-shirt and jeans, not his usual plaid and leather jacket. His heart rushed, and he looked down at the table. "...Where will we be going then?" Castiel responded after a moment of silence, his hands rubbing over his thighs.

"It'll be a surprise." Dean said, a cheeky smile crossing over when Castiel looked at him. Castiel couldn't help but smile as well, feeling Dean's hand slide into his own and squeezing gently. "But I'll promise you will enjoy it." 

"Well, I'll trust you then, Dean." Castiel mumbled shyly, smiling softly and glancing at his father as if asking for permission. Chuck grinned and chuckled, standing up and taking his plate to the sink.

"Have fun, Castiel. Don't be out too late." Chuck said, shaking his head in amusement. Castiel grinned and stood up, hesitantly releasing Dean's hand.

"I'm going to go get dressed. I'll be right back." Castiel said, his excitement making him forget how bad he had felt this morning. After all, Dean always managed to make him smile.

"Where something you don't mind getting dirty." Dean said with a soft smile, sipping on a glass of coke as Castiel hurried up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Impala was comforting to Castiel as he slipped into it, looking around the vehicle that Dean had talked so fondly about in his visits. Sitting in it now made Castiel feel like the luckiest person alive, to be able to say that they got to meet 'Baby' as Dean called her.

"She's beautiful." Castiel said, letting his fingertips run over the dash before looking over at Dean, who had a prideful grin on his face at the Novak's compliment. He switched on the engine, putting the car in reverse before he spoke.

"I'm glad you like her. She's the best car in the world." Dean said affectionately before pulling out of the Novak house driveway and heading down the road. Castiel smiled at Dean's obvious love for the car, leaning his head back slightly and looking out the window.