Sleepover

"You sure this is alright Dean?" Castiel asked, his eyes wide as he looked at the small bundle of clothes and a small bag in his arms. Dean let out a soft sigh, pecking Castiel gently on the lips before taking the bundle from him.

"It's fine, Cas. You're just coming over for the night." Dean said, looking down at the bundle carefully, "Did you get everything you need? Medicine? Toothbrush?"

"Yes, Dean. It's all in there." Castiel said, pointing at the small bag that held his things. Dean nodded, taking his hand gently and leading him out of the room. They walked slowly down the stairs, both of them greeting Chuck with a smile as he watched them.

"You two have a good time, okay?" Chuck said, giving his son a hug before shaking Dean's hand. They bid their farewells to Gabriel, who was doing his homework with a grumble. Dean grinned, knowing that he got grounded for a prank he did yesterday, and couldn't come with them.

Leaving the house, they got in Dean's impala, a soft silence falling over the both of them. Neither of them minded though, and Dean couldn't help but smile when he heard Castiel singing softly along to the song playing from the radio.

The ride to Bobby's house was short and they were pulling into the driveway only minutes later. They walked into the house, warmth flooding both of them and making them shiver as they slipped their way through the piles of books.

Sam was sitting at Bobby's desk, doing some homework as Dean gave Castiel a small tour. "This is the living room, aka, where everyone puts things and forgets about them. If you go back through that door, the kitchen is in there." Dean said, going through the rest of the house before they got to the bedroom Dean stayed in.

"We'll sleep here." Dean said, sitting on the bed. It was not huge, but big enough to be comfortable for two people. Castiel smiled, taking a seat beside him and placing the clothes and bag on the nearby nightstand.

"This is a nice home." Castiel commented, looking around the room before returning his gaze to Dean. "Gabriel was telling me how much fun you all had when he came over. Something about glue?"

Dean cringed, rolling his eyes at the story. "Yeah, not to be rude, but your brother is a dick." Dean replied, laying back on the bed and staring at the ceiling fan, watching the blades slowly circle around over and over. He felt the shift of weight on the bed as Castiel laid down as well.

He turned, looking at Castiel with a small smile. The pale boy stared back, a hint of a smile on his face as they watched each other. Eventually, Dean sighed, rolling onto his side and sliding his arm over Castiel, pulling him closer.

"Are you cold?" Dean asked, feeling how cool Castiel's skin was. The boy shook his head, resting his forehead on Dean's chest, letting out a content sigh. 

"I'm just perfect now." Castiel mumbled softly, his eyes closed as he smiled, clutching onto Dean's shirt gently as they laid there, just relaxing in each other's presence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A scream jerked Dean out of his sleep last night, his heart racing with panic as he jerked upright, looking around for the source of noise. Castiel was laying beside him, shuddering as he whimpered, his eyes screwed shut as he tightened his grip on the sheets, his knuckles turning white.

"Cas?" Dean said, reaching over and putting a hand on Castiel. The boy jerked away from Dean with a fearful cry, shivers rushing through him at an even faster rate, his eyes snapping open with a shuddering breath.

"D-Dean?" Castiel said softly, tears making tracks along his face as he reached out, grabbing a hold of Dean's hand. He began to cry even harder, tears flooding down his face. "Dean...."

Dean furrowed his eyebrows and pulled Castiel closer, concern in his eyes as he rubbed his thumb along Castiel's cheek to keep him calm. "What happened? You were screaming and crying so much..."

"Y-you died. I watched you die." Castiel whimpered, letting out a wail as he hid his face in Dean's chest, sobs wracking through his body. "I don't want you to die."

"I'm not going to die, Cas. I promise." Dean said, not hesitating to pull Castiel into a tight hug, holding the frail boy close to him. He pressed his lips to the top of Castiel's head, letting him cry it out slowly. 

"Dean, I want to go home. I want to be with my dad and Gabriel." Castiel whimpered, shivering and curling closer to Dean's chest. The Winchester sighed, feeling his stomach churned a bit as he nodded, pulling away from the hug.

"Alright, let's get your things and I'll take you home." Dean mumbled, feeling a bit disappointed that Castiel was going home so early. Castiel looked regretful too, but Dean understood what the boy was going through as he sniffed, his eyes red and puffy from crying.

Quickly, they gathered Castiel's things and got into the Impala. Dean didn't bother to tell Bobby about it, figuring he could just explain later. He started the engine, backing out of the driveway and heading down the road.

"I'm sorry, Dean." Castiel said, clutching his things tightly to his chest. Dean sighed, letting his hand move off the gear long enough to squeeze Castiel's gently before returning back in place.

"It's fine, Cas. I just hope that you'll feel better soon." Dean replied, allowing the conversation to drop as they pulled onto Castiel's road. There was a tense silence that filled the air, making Dean fidget in his seat as he pulled into the driveway, staring at the dark windows of the house.

"Get some rest, okay?" Dean said, kissing Castiel gently on the forehead. He felt a lump in his throat as Castiel let out a whimper in agreement, opening the door and getting out. Dean didn't leave though. He waited until Castiel knocked, the lights turning on and Chuck appearing at the doorway. Knowing that Castiel was safe, he waved to Chuck, although the man did not see him as he hugged Castiel, rubbing his back comfortingly.

With a soft sigh, Dean pulled out the driveway, heading back home to where Bobby will surely be up, wanting an explanation.