《 chapter three : baek yerin 》

"Baek Yerin!"

I quickly scanned the crowd, my gaze falling on my best friend, who was waving wildly at me with a wide smile on her face.

"Jimin-ah!" I rushed over to her and she ran to meet me, engulfing me in a hug.

You're wondering how long we hadn't seen each other for us to act like this, right? Actually, it's only been a few months, since she visits me three or four times a year.

But two months is still quite a long time if you think about it.

"Come on!" she linked her arm through mine and started pulling me towards the exit as I dragged my luggage behind me. And she didn't even bother to help me...

For the time I was staying in Korea, which was three weeks, I would be living with her at her house since it would be too expensive to live at a hotel or rent an apartment when I already had a friend in Seoul.

"So what are you going to do for three weeks?" she asked.
"I don't know. Go around. Meet old friends..." I replied.
"And visit Yugyeom?"

Yugyeom

To be honest, I haven't even thought about visiting him.
.
.
.
Oh, who am I kidding, that's a complete lie. The first thing I thought of when I got over the plane was when I could go and see Yugyeom again. I want to see how college changed him.

"... That too..."
"I thought so,"

I raised my eyebrows at the mischievous expression on her face. She smiled at me.

"Do you want to meet him now?"
"It's a Sunday,"
"So?"

She made a face at me and hit my arm.

"Ow! What was that for?"
"Just admit that you want to see him!"

It doesn't really seem obvious that this is the first time I step foot on Korean soil in nearly two years. She acts like I didn't just get off a plane.

"Let's just get to your place,"

As she drove, she kept on asking me when I wanted to see him, saying that it could be anytime I wanted, but preferably not right before I would go back to New Jersey.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?"
"No," I muttered, my eyes closed.

And she didn't speak to me for the rest of the drive to her apartment. She only talked to me again once we walked inside and after I put my bags inside the room she said was mine, she became her normal, loud self again.

She was staring expectantly at me.

"What?" I asked.
"When will you come and meet him?"

Knowing Jimin, she's not going to stop until I give her an answer.

"Tomorrow, maybe... He has school tomorrow, right?"
"He does," she said, nodding over and over again. "Will you come see him?"
"I guess so..."

I can't avoid him anyway. We will eventually meet, Jimin will make sure of that.

~*~

"Who is she?" his friend asked him.

Yugyeom didn't answer him. He just looked at me with this unreadable expression on his face before he spoke. He just said my name and that was it.

A small smile made its way to my face.

"It's been a while," I said softly.
"It really has been," he agreed, nodding.

I motioned to his friend, who was watching the both of us curiously.

"Aren't you going to introduce me, Gyeom-ah?"

He looked surprised, but he let out a loud laugh and put his arm around his friend's shoulder.

"Yerin, BamBam," he said to me then to his friend, "Bam, Yerin,"
"Pretty," the just-introduced boy winked at me.

I raised my eyebrows.

"Flirt," Yugyeom rolled his eyes. "You better get used to him. He's my best friend."
"... I can see that."
"It's not that hard to tell, is it? But you don't expect him to get drunk every chance he gets,"

He said the last part while glaring at BamBam, who just smiled innocently and flashed a peace sign.

"But moving on from that, would you please go and leave us alone, BamBam?"

BamBam glanced at me then at Yugyeom, who was staring him down, and let out a sigh. He waved at Yugyeom and bowed towards me before walking away and leaving us alone.

"Why'd you make him leave?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Let's just talk, Yerin-ah. I missed you."

I missed him, too. Way more than I expected I would.

______________________________________________________________________

Comments?? It's a short chapter... I'm sorry...