chapter three

season one, episode three

winning a battle, losing a war

"YOU LOOK BEAUTFUL." Derek stated gesturing to Theadora's outfit. The two were finally on a date and it has been going well so far. "Thank you, Derek." Thea replied with a small smile.

The food finally arrived, and they started eating but the couple kept exchanging glances. 

Theadora had enough sat up and looked him in the eye. "Why do you want to date me?" Derek choked on his food and drank a bit of his water. 

"Um, because you are smart, beautiful and mysterious." Derek explained with a smirk after gathering himself.

"Mysterious?" Theadora asked with a laugh. 

"You hide secrets underneath those warm eyes, and I want to discover them." 

Theadora's smile slipped as she stared at Derek. He continued eating and nudged her plate to gesture to do the same.

Thea cleared her throat and started to eat but she couldn't his words out of her head. 

What has she gotten into? 

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"George's room is bigger than mine." Izzie shouted outside of Theadora's room.

She moved in last week and Meredith told her that two of her interns were moving in as well. She didn't mind but now she does.

Theadora usually woke up before her alarm but these few days, she's been sleeping in more and it bothered her a lot.

"I have more clothes; I should have the bigger room." Izzie yelled again. Theadora groaned and threw the cover over her head. 

"I got here first." George exclaimed. 

"It's Meredith's house, she should decide." Izzie smirked.

Thea glared at the door and wished it would go through and pulverize them. 

"My room is like, two inches bigger than yours!" 

"You have a bigger closet!" 

"So? Why is everything always a competition? I -" 

Theadora having enough got out of bed and stomped out her room. Meredith came out of hers at the same time and they gave each other a look. 

"Meredith, you want to watch-" George asked but Theadora and Meredith walked into the bathroom slamming the door in their faces. 

Theadora reopened it to grab the cup of coffee in Izzie's hands and closed it again. 

"Why do you want to live here again?" Meredith asked her as she leaned against the door.  

"Big house, big bed and lots of free food." 

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

The doctors were staring at the board with wide, excited eyes. "Excellent board. Well-timed, balanced, efficient - if all goes well, we'll have an early night." Richard Webber reasoned.

Rosie and Thea fist bumped excitedly. "Chief! dead baby bike race started twenty minutes ago." Bailey interjected rushing past them with a gaggle of interns behind her. 

"Dead, baby bike race?" Theadora asked confused. Rosie turned to her with a shocked expression. "You don't know the dead, baby bike race?" 

"No, I don't know the dead, baby bike race." Thea mocked making Rosie push her.