chapter twenty

OWNER OF A LONELY HEART

season two, episode eleven

——————————————

Theadora walked into the hospital with Rosie by her side. The two have just gotten their daily coffee and were now ready to tend to their patients.

"Cause you live in a glorified camper!" Addison yelled. Theadora and Rosie stopped in their tracks and saw the married couple throwing hands and bringing attention to them.

"Go take care of your new family." Rosie teased patting Thea on the back before walking away. The blonde sighed and walked towards them with an annoyed look on her face.

"40 acres of some of the most beautiful land in Seattle!" Derek rebutted. "What is going on?" Thea sternly asked. The doctors ignored her and kept on yelling.

"I did not give up a Central Park brownstone to come live in the forest!" Addison remarked. "Addie, our house in the Hamptons had trees. You didn't mind those trees, did you?" Derek snarked back.

"Stop." Thea tried to get in between them but it didn't work. It was like they could only see eachother and their fury. "They were the Hamptons." Addison said.

"Why are you pointing at me like that?" Derek retorted. "Shut up! Both of you." Thea shouted. Her patience was running thin with the two immature adults in front of her.

"No more arguing in the hospital." She continued wagging her finger at them both. "You guys are about to become my family." Thea gestured to the growing bump on her body. "So try and be one."

The doctors sighed and looked down nodding slowly.

"I need to go and check on the quints." Addison muttered walking away. Thea turned to Derek and raised her brow. "What?" He asked.

"Be an adult." Thea stated and she left him standing there confused and annoyed.

———————-

Theadora, Bailey and Cristina were standing outside the ER as an ambulance approached. "What we got?" Thea asked.

"Constance Ferguson. 40. Inmate at Henderson. Swallowed a razor blade." The paramedic answered. Theadora's face contorted into shock and she shared a look with the intern and resident.

"Attempted suicide?" Cristina inquired.

"Attemped field trip." Bailey replied. "Come on." Thea ordered as they pulled the gurney into the hospital.

They entered the room and started to do their checks on the patient. "Ms. Ferguson, are you experiencing any discomfort?" Bailey asked.

"You mean apart from these snazzy handcuffs you got pinching my wrists?" Constance smirked. "Did you at least put tape on the blade?" Thea wondered checking her IV.

"I'm not an idiot." Constance snorted. Thea shared a look with Bailey and Cristina disputing the patient's words. "You swallowed a razor blade." Theadora snorted.

Constance raised her brow and Thea rolled her eyes. "You're not gonna tell me where it hurts?" The blonde questioned.

"What and shorten my vacation?" Constance smirked. "Hey since you're just standing around why don't you get me some chocolate pudding? Make the blade go down smoother." She yelled to Cristina who gave her an irritated look.