𝓹𝓮́𝓷𝓽𝓮

James

When I woke up this morning there was a smile on my face.

Those are thirteen words I'd never imagined I'd put in one sentence.

But indeed I woke up with a smile but I wasn't allowed this happiness, for even a few minutes.

My phone vibrated under my pillow and I brought it out to see that I had a call.

I sighed and answered it.

"Hello."

As soon as I recognized my father's voice I ended the call and shut my eyes, wondering how he'd gotten my number AGAIN!

You'd think after declining his call 19 times he'd give up but my father was determined to stream his words of idiocy into my ear, that early in the morning.

I picked on the 20th ring (courtesy of my OCD) and placed the phone on my chest staring up at my white ceiling.

"Good morning my son."

My father's voice was bubbly and yet so deep and I remained silent.

"How are you today?"

His question was followed by a ridiculously loud silence because I simply refused to talk.

My father sighed from the other end of the call.

"I know you can hear me son, please just speak to me."

Silence.

"Would you at least like to talk to your mother?" he asked and I scoffed in disbelief.

It was how he'd believed I'd speak to my snake of a mother when I wasn't even speaking with him, for me.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly not wanting our conversation to go on for even a second longer.

"It's always straight to the point with you isn't it." he sighed and I rolled my eyes.

This was one of the things he did that absolutely pissed me off.

He was always trying to make himself the victim, when he wasn't the tiniest bit aware of everything I'd gone through because of him and his decisions.

"Speak or I'm ending the call."

He remained silent for a while then he said,

"Your mother's birthday is today I hope you didn't forget that?" he asked but I ignored him.

"We're throwing a party tonight and we'd really like to-."

"My answer is no, goodbye." I said hurriedly and ended the call.

I sighed in both frustration and relief and got up and sat at the edge of my bed, then left my phone to charge and walked out of my bedroom to my kitchen.

I contemplated slipping on a shirt but in the end I didn't.

Then there was a loud knock on my door and I couldn't help but groan.

Yet I was oddly relieved to open door to find Amalie Price standing there in an Elmo onesie.

That was until I saw the bat in her hand and I knew I was in trouble.

"Good morning asshole." she greeted, holding her bat like a walking stick.

"Morning Price." I greeted "Come in." I said and moved out of the way for her.

"I was coming in either way." she smirked and walked in.

"And what influenced your outfit choice today?"I laughed.