ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

Aurora

"Are we there yet?"

Rue tightens her jaw, rolling her eyes for the fifteenth time in the hour, "Does it fucking look like it." she says, turning to face Aurora.

Aurora shrugs her shoulders, "I dunno what it looks like. Never been there."

"Neither have we??" Rue says exasperatedly, speeding away to walk in step with Rosita and Tara. Aurora rolls her eyes and mutters about her sister being too weak to handle her.

The group walks for hours, Rue and Glenn walking together up front, after a dramatic exclamation of Rosita and Tara's flirting from Rue and her practically running away from the pair. Aurora and Diana are walking together, mindlessly talking about shit that doesn't mean anything, leaving Eugene and Abraham walking at the back of the group, guarding from behind (Eugene isn't doing much of the guarding but the group appreciates the sentiment nonetheless).

"What do you think Terminus is like?" Aurora asks, tying her long matted hair into a messy bun.

"You need to brush your hair more often," Diana says, causing Aurora to poke her tongue out at her, "And I'm not sure? They said 'Sanctuary for all' so I'd assume they'd have plenty of supplies?."

Aurora nodded, stating "That is a fair assumption." then mentioning how posh her sentence sounded. "Do you think they'll have houses? And beds? I haven't slept in a proper bed for ages."

"It doesn't matter." Abraham cut in, "We won't be staying long."

Aurora spun around on her feet, walking backwards, "Why ruin it??" Aurora complains, "At least let me pretend we can stay there."

"Once the world is back to normal, you'll have a bed for the rest of your life."

"Yes, but I want one now" She said in a mocking childish tone.

"Tough titty."

Aurora spun back around, just in time to see Glenn run over to another sign; except this one was covered in blood.

Glenn

Go to [Terminus]

Maggie Sasha Bob'

"Oh shit," Rue said, "She is alive."

"She was here!" Glenn shouts hurriedly, "She's walking the same tracks as us. She might not even be that far ahead."

Aurora looks at him, worried he's going to make them speed up or something.

"We're walking further and further away from Washington," Diana says.

"Travel will be quicker by car though." Rosita reminds her. Aurora coughs to cover up her laugh, it's obvious she just wants to spend more time with Tara.

Abraham nods at Rosita's statement, probably not seeing through it the way Aurora did. At his slight motion - and Glenn's barely contained desperation to get back to walking - the group took off again.

An hour or so later Rue points out an upcoming town, warning everyone to be cautious. The group pulls their weapons out and watches for any slight movement from the dead or the living. They walk through the streets, still in the same formation as earlier except now Diana and Aurora are in front of Rosita and Tara.

A loud crash is heard from above them and Aurora swivels around to see Tara laying on the floor, clutching her ankle with Eugene next to her.

Abraham is standing a distance away, staring at the roof of a nearby building, next to him a dead groaner that had fallen off it, nearly hitting Eugene. "It's the only one." he eventually says.