He's Not a Badger, He's a Magpie

Danny, age eighteen and living in a different state with his sister to attend college in the most crime ridden city, has been...physically different since the accident that turned him into a halfa. Low temperature, low bodily functions, not needing as much sleep but needing three times as much food.

Needless to say, the sleeping part combined with his inability to truly sit still led to him taking invisible walks around campus to keep himself occupied. Then he went further, right past the college gates and onto the streets of Gotham.

He never really expected much out of his late night walks in general so to keep finding pieces of tech strewn about, especially ones marked with or shaped in the well-known symbol of one Batman, was an amazing development. And yeah, he knew that he should've been more careful with the things he picked up during late night walks. It was just so hard to ignore the pull of his obsession when there came the possibility of helping someone, especially another hero.

He's still young by ghost standards, ridiculously powerful but barely a child. He's practically an infant so it made sense that his obsession was just as young and could change, is changing, like his body was. That doesn't mean there weren't growing pains. God, so many growing pains.

One such growing pain was trying to balance two obsessions as he changed from having an obsession with protecting and helping to having one with space(hence his majors). It didn't matter that Batman had like twenty vigilantes under his belt. When he had the chance to help, he took it albeit in a roundabout way.

So far, in his third month of college, he's found: a working Acetylene Torch, several large pieces of a Signal Jammer, a couple Rebreathers, a broken and intact Grapple Guns, too many Batarangs and Birdarangs of several types, and even parts from Batman's own suit which was oddly tech heavy. No tech that helped the bat and his colony blend into the shadows, unfortunately.

All of the items he found were kept in a fire-proof, ghost-proof box beneath his bed and had been relatively untouched by the halfa...until his most recent night walk, that is.

It had been a really stressful day. The tainted ectoplasm all around Gotham made him more irritable than usual, he had woken up under his bed for the first time in years, his professor incorrectly marked his assignments wrong compared to his classmates who had the same– or worse – answers and he had to stay behind to argue with them, and then he had to deal with a robbery at the convenience store he went to and getting tased by a cop accidentally because a robber moved to the side suddenly.

Due to all of that, he headed out on his walk a bit earlier than normal to cool down before he exploded, verbally or literally though he didn't want to take any chances. Knowing his luck, he'd start yelling and accidentally use his ghostly wail, busting down a wall or blowing a window out.

He took his normal routes, staying invisible whenever he spotted a camera or someone but he stuck to being visible with his NASA hood up and his head mostly down given his mental state at the moment.

Given how his walks usually take him across Gotham in various directions and how distracted his mind was, it wasn't shocking when he ended up at the edge of Red Hood's territory given the man himself had a heavy amount of ectoplasm. It wouldn't be the first time he's been tugged to the vigilante while he was fighting though...normally he came during the fights and not the aftermath.

Blood– most of it not even Hood's as it lacked that ectoplasmic signature –splattered across the concrete and destroyed wooden boxes and walls and braces beneath Danny's sneakers like some fucked-up art piece. There was barely any light apart from the barely visible moon and shitty street lights though Danny barely noticed. His night vision since becoming a halfa made it easy for him to see in the terrible lighting.