Meet Kira

I'm Kira. I'm that girl who always sits in the back of the class and never gets noticed by anyone. Well, anyone outside of the people who seem to like picking on me. But that's not important right now. What is important is the fact that I've run away from home and now I'm living in the woods alone.

I sat underneath a tree, listening to a song on my mp3 player. Since there wasn't any way to charge it, I'd have to limit how much used it. But if I was alone, I'd be alright. I didn't exactly like other humans, so this place really suited me.

Like a ninja out of the dark, I'll steal your heart.

Maybe give you more than I should, make you feel good.

As it played, I sang along. It was something I liked doing, though I'd never sing if I knew anyone could hear me. It was a song I enjoyed singing, as it tended to make me feel better when I was feeling down.

Like a tiger burning through the night; You're the fire, got you in my sight.

A sudden noise in a nearby bush caught my attention and I stopped singing immediately. Even with headphones on, I still made an effort to pay attention to my surroundings. That was one of my few talents. Well, my few useful talents. I was pretty good with video games, but that really didn't do much for me.

A moment later, a large brown dog appeared. No collar, must be a stray, I thought, watching it closely as I stuffed the headphones in my bag. It came closer, growling at me the whole time. I must have been on its territory. Sucks to be him. My spot now.

I merely stayed where I was, growling back at it. He still kept getting closer and then lunged at me. I threw my arm up, blocking its bite. The dog's teeth sunk into my arm, ripping into my flesh. In response, I used my left hand to grab the dog's jaw. Putting pressure under where his tongue was, the dog was forced to release his grip. Before he could attack again, I gave him a good kick to the side of his face, sending him running with his tail between his legs.

"Stupid mutt," I mumbled, checking my bloody arm. It wasn't too bad, so I just wrapped it up in an extra shirt from my bag until the bleeding slowed. Then I removed the bloody clothing and pulled on my sweatshirt, covering my injured arm. It'd be a while before it stopped completely, but I couldn't keep it wrapped up that long.

That's when I heard voices nearby. Stashing my bag inside a nearby hollow log, I ran off to avoid being found.

I wasn't about to go back home. There was a reason for leaving. Not that anyone would care that I was gone anyway.

I didn't run far before I collided with someone, knocking both of us over. Jumping up, I started to run again. However, the person stopped me. He grabbed ahold of my injured arm, right on top of the dog bite.

I winced from the pain but still tried to struggle against his grip. The boy looked about my age and had orange hair. And he looked pissed.

He started yelling something at me, but I wasn't listening. I merely hissed at the boy like a cat and bit the hand that held onto my arm. This prompted some more yelling and swearing from him, but he let go. Before he had a chance to see where I went, I ran and disappeared up into a nearby tree.