𝐸𝓅𝒾𝓈𝑜𝒹𝑒 𝒪𝓃𝑒

The twins have gotten their Hogwarts letters.
Both equally excited, though only one lets it show.
Both are expected to be Slytherins, but deep down afraid of where it will lead them. See they've heard all about "the great Dark Lord" and his death eaters. They knew that one day they too would be excepted to join and fight by his side.
They were both equally excited for the future, just as they were equally terrified.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After being separated on the train, Cassiopeia and Sirius met once more at the sorting ceremony. Both anxiously waiting for their names to be called.
One wishes to make her parents proud, while the other is determined to do the complete opposite.

"Cassiopeia Black" Professor McGonagall calls out to the crowd of first years.
"Ahh, Cassiopeia Black. I see some Ravenclaw in you. Maybe even Hufflepuff. Cunning as well.."
Cassiopeia could not make it any more clear to the stupid hat she wanted to be a Slytherin. She needed to be a Slytherin.
"Might as well, SLYTHERIN." Cassiopeia knew she was a Slytherin. After all, she grew up in a house where she always had to be clever and cunning to figure out the right thing to say, the right way to act that day as to not set her parents off, tu figure out how to quickly diffuse bad situations, to protect her brothers to the best of her abilities. She became ambitious in wanting to get away and be better than her parents.

She could hear the Slytherin table clapping politely for her. But she could also hear booing from the other 3 quarters of the great hall. She couldn't understand why. She just got here. What could she have done to make them hate her already?
Cassiopeia realized very fast that they hated her for simply existing as a Slytherin. In their eyes, she was already too far gone to be saved.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Sirius was ecstatic. He made some friends and even got into Gryffindor with them! This was confirmation- he wasn't like the rest of them. He could be different, he is different.
His sister, however, is a Slytherin. Sirius couldn't say he was surprised, to survive and thrive in their home only a true Slytherin could accomplish. He wasn't mad at his sister, but he knew she was terrified for him now, but he also knew she was proud of him, because that's Cassie- she would support him no matter what.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Now aware of the dangers of speaking to each other in public. Sirius and Cassie had to come up with a plan.
Luckily for them, the black family originated from France. The children were all born in France and spoke French. Cassiopeia had an idea. She went over to Sirius and began screaming at him.

"J'ESPÈRE QUE TU NE PENSES PAS QUE CELA CHANGERA QUOI QUE CE SOIT ENTRE NOUS. TU ES MON PETIT FRÈRE ET TU LE SERAS TOUJOURS."

Sirius looked surprised for a second, but quickly replied, also yelling.
"TU AS DOUZE MINUTES DE PLUS, JE N'APPELLERAIS PAS ÇA PLUS VIEUX. JE VAIS PLUS QUE BIEN, JE T'AIME."

People gathered around them, eager to see the siblings fight, but were quickly disappointed when they failed to understand them. And the letters to Walburga? Simply stated that after discovering Sirius has been sorted to Gryffindor, Cassiopeia yelled at him for being a disgrace to the noble and most ancient house of Black.

It was Sirius and Cassie against the world. It was inevitable, however, for things to be different now.