𝐸𝓅𝒾𝓈𝑜𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝓌𝑜

They were right. Things are different now.
The twins were approaching their fourth year.
Sirius continued to rebel and Cassiopeia continued to be perfect. Perfect Cassie. Always getting good grades, never getting detention.

Sirius had his so-called "Marauders". They named themselves that after James kept calling them a foursome and the rumours were running wild. James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.
Always up to no good.
The marauders were sitting together in the Great Hall for breakfast. That was the first time James Potter noticed Cassiopeia Black.
"Who is she?" James asked with a dazed look on his face. "Who? Where?" Sirius replied quickly, wanting to see who had taken his best friend's interest.
"Her, over there. The Slytherin with the black hair."
...
"Nope, nuh uh, absolutely not. You do not have a crush on my sister."
"Sister??" Pettigrew squeaked out.
"Yes, my twin." "Since when?"
"About as long as I am alive, give or take."
While the rest of the marauders kept freaking out about the fact Padfoot had a sister, James continued to stare at her with heart-eyes.
"Prongs? Hello? Earth to prongs?"
"James!" Remus said and clapped his hands in front of James's face as if snapping him from his daydreaming.
"Wha- oh bloody hell moony. Pads, since when have you had a sister?"
"We've been over this already prongs, keep up."
"What's her name?" Finally, an actual logical question.
"Cassie, well- Cassiopeia. She'll hex you if you call her Cassie."
"She's beautiful." James continued his staring.
"Ew." Came Sirius's response.
"We share classes with Slytherin, don't we?"
"I'm going to talk to her when she's finished eating."
"I must warn you, prongs. She's a bit of a tosser."
"It's ok, I can handle it, I'm sure she's not that bad."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Cassiopeia was always a curious child, she believed that the stuff they were teaching them at Hogwarts wasn't enough.
For starters- how come they are not teaching them Latin? accio means to summon, diffindo means to split in two. Lumo comes from the word lumen, which means light. She could just go on and on.

Something she found stupid in pureblood supremacists was their lack of muggle knowledge. How can you beat your enemy without knowing their weaknesses and strengths? So she studied. She studied maths and science and even English literature. She
wanted to know everything.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

One thing Cassie found particularly interesting, was the fact that wizards never figured out they had a way to make a lot of money pretty easily.

There are 17 Sickles to a Galleon. Sickles are made of silver and Galleons are made of gold.
In the muggle economy, however, the price of gold and the price of silver are constantly changing. The gold to silver ratio is a tool that can be used to determine when to buy those metals. Right now, the ratio averages around 45:1.
So Cassie melted her Galleons into blocks of gold and waited for the gold to silver ratio to be high enough, and sold them in the muggle economy. She took her silver to Gringotts and exchanged it back into Galleons for the ratio of 17:1, doubling her money. The beauty of maths and muggle studies.

With her newfound knowledge of Latin and double her money, Cassiopeia figured out how to create her own spells and potions with the expensive ingredients her parents would never have allowed her to buy. (Come to think of it, this is probably why they don't teach Latin and maths

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

But- it was nearing Yule and Cassie was due to come home along with her brothers. She didn't care for her mother, for it was only Sirius she targeted, she just hoped that Sirius wouldn't be too much of an arse and get hurt because that would mean her healing him and less time for her to study. And unknowingly to her, she would soon have to deal with a special Gryffindor and his crush on her.