Chapter 3: Stitches

There was a collective gasp all around as people prepared to leave their seats.

Marinette was ready for that. She threw a few needles at the door. It deterred anyone from just simply touching the doorknob.

"No one leaves!" Marinette roared in anger.

Her violet eyes glowed brighter and brighter the angrier she became.

"Not until I say they can!" she finished.

Adrien was the only one who didn't even think about moving. Marinette found that quite admirable. It was as if he had already known what was going on and was prepared to stop her at all costs. That's assuming he could. A single-almost-entirely-unnoticeable tear showed up in his eyes.

"How long, Marinette?" he asked.

"Stitches." Marinette corrected, softly for the guy who earned a medal for at least noticing, "Just right before class. I mean, it wasn't like anyone ever bothered to check up on me. How very 'sweet' of you all."

Her akuma suit suddenly showed up next. It looked like a very dark reflection of her Ladybug alter ego costume, a major difference is that it was far more detailed than the original.

"Everyone, back to your seats." Stitches ordered, "This...is far from over."

Ms. Bustier, probably trying to keep everyone calm and from freaking out, as well as safe, nodded in affirmation when other students turned to her for answers. There was no smile on her face, like there usually was, her eyes there only showed sorrow, sympathy, and...guilt?

Of course. A student did just get akumatized under her watch: Marinette, the Class Representative, the one who was supposed to be the example for everyone else. It was obvious that she'd felt responsible in some way.

So, everyone else sat down, not reading or doing any kind of homework. Not talking or turning backward their seats to chat with those behind them. They were all uniform: Facing forward, hands on desks, sitting up straight, and yet fearful eyes watching her, waiting for Stitches to make her next move.

Good. Stitches thought. She had their undivided attention, not Lila. The way it should be. The way it was before Lila came into their little happy world.

As Marinette, no, Stitches, she slowly walked down the stairs in the middle aisle. She didn't at all smile, her hands were behind her back.

"So, um..." Kim asked quietly, "...now that you have us, I assume, right where you want us...now what?"

"If you guys are worried that I'm going to hurt any of you," Stitches answered calmly, "then don't be. Most of you get a pass."

She emphasized "most", and it was not lost on the others. And though they were silent, it was obvious that they'd like Stitches to clarify.

"It's Chloe, right?" Lila dared to ask, "She's the one you're after."

"Hey-!" Chloe shouted in offense.

"No," Stitches' answered, shocking everyone, "Chloe's got nothing to do with this. And that's good right? Considering that she's giving some effort to try to make things right?"

Chloe said nothing, and neither did anybody else. Chloe's expression was a little hard to read. It seemed that she was thinking, and yet, some sadness made its way out to her face.

"Then it's me." Lila replied.

She was preparing the tears for an extra boost in sympathy. She was obviously trying to make Marinette look like the bad guy. Well, Stitches was sick of it.