13 |thirteen|

no one's POV

no one's POV

after all fifteen privates had written their letters, the boys had gone to their own tent to rest. of course, sleep didn't come without difficulties in the new environment, as well as the thought of the next day's mission.

minjoo in particular has her eyes wide open, not a single ounce of sleepiness in her. still she lays there staring at the ceiling of their tent. soft snores can be heard from the other girls.

a lot is in her mind. with their first mission and...

na jaemin.

and before she knew it— all caught up in her rambling thoughts, the sun had peaked up from the horizon and she didn't get a wink of sleep.

————

[location: 4 miles outside of base]

squadron four swiftly arrives at the location of their first mission. taeyong, jaehyun, and minha promptly sharing their plan of attack before they take to the abandoned streets.

"alright guppies. our goal here is to take down as many spheres we can in this area. so here's what we are thinking;

well have our snipers— jeno, haechan, and eunha. you three will station yourselves at the highest points. setting up in a triangle formation is crucial to get the best vantage points as possible.

our sharpshooters will stick close to the snipers but also move around if needed— those will be mj, sora, taesoo, and jaemin.

the rest will be on the ground and splitting up to clear the buildings.

make sure to stick in pairs as much as possible.

we will be communicating through our in-ear comms.

we have three sphere monitors. spread them amongst yourselves, okay?

any questions?"

"no sir!" the privates shout in unison.

taeyong nods. "fan out!"

————

holding up one of the monitors, mark and four others take to one section of buildings while the other two groups of five spread out into different sections.

"we've got five spheres incoming!" mark shouts, pointing towards the front of him, in one of the apartment buildings.

him and minho sneak into the building while haechan follows close behind, running up the flight of stairs to the rooftop.

"heading up to the rooftop!" haechan breaths out as he sprints up several flights of stairs and stepping out onto the terrace.

"i'm setting up now." he speaks as he takes out the equipment for his sniper.