Bath Time

Visha

When we were finally done preparing dinner I was quite forcefully told to stay in the kitchen. Bria apparently didn't want a repeat of whatever had happened at breakfast to happen again.
Not that I was complaining. I'd gladly take every opportunity I could to stay as far away as I could from those monsters.

After they returned with empty plates, and we'd quickly clean down the kitchen, I made my way to mine, and Sky's room to quickly change into a fresh uniform. I'd unfortunately make quite a mess during dinner preparations' and my uniform was now more brown than white.

Bria was at my door by 7:30, which I was both thankfully and worried about. If I was meant to meet with the Emperor at nine, just how much etiquette training would I need beforehand?

When I opened the door I was greeted with a strict and firm expression on Bria's face, which plainly told me this was going to be no fun at all. She took her job quite seriously. I can understand why though, if she ever messed up then she was gonna be the first person that would have her head cut off if something went wrong.

When she came in, she didn't even bother to sit down. Instead she stood tall and proud in the center of our room.

"All right let me have it, what am I going to be doing for tonight?" I blurted out, not willing myself to have anymore patience.

"Oh, I have absolutely no clue," She shuttered. "Like I said no one in the history of masters has a human ever been allowed to accompany a master into such a private situation. Let alone the Emperor."

"Well, then what do you know?" I practically shouted at her, she was supposed to be here to help me, and if she didn't know what to do then how would I?

"Relax there's no need to panic. I'll tell you everything you need to know for tonight if all goes according to my plan, we'll all live to see morning. First things first you should know that a maid has never, ever and I mean ever in history of of these masters, has a maid, ever accompanied one of them into their bathing Chambers."

"You keep saying that." I point out slightly annoyed that we've still gotten nowhere.

" I'm just trying to prove a point that it's so crazy this is happening I'm completely baffled! Which is a first for me,"

"Fine. So I'm breaking new ground?" I ask a hint of amusement on my lips.

"Do you find this funny?"

"No but when I'm in situation where my life is threatened, or possibly in danger I usually just start making jokes or just straight up laughing. It's one of my coping mechanisms." I explain, trying to keep my giggles at bay.

Sky whose been silent on her bed this whole time finally chimed in, "It's one of her more psychopathic traits. Then again, if you'd have to go through what she went through as a child, I guess you turn out a little crazy."

"And thank you for that," I grumble in response to Sky and her unnecessary comments.

Bria was clearly in the mood for any of our antics, she rolled her eyes, silently, asking for us to get back on topic.

"Sorry," We both mutter in unison.

"Ok, one thing you must never do, is look them in the eye. They believe its a sign of disrespect or even a challenge of authority. Especially the Emperor, even most other Masters refuse to look him in the eyes."

"Don't look em in the eyes." I whispered back.

"Next, don't speak unless you're spoken to. Or explicitly asked to answer a question. In those situations its best to either nofd or shake your head."