Chapter 3. Jealousy for no reason.

❝4 months pregnant❞

The day dawned hot, so the girls and the young couple went out to enjoy the day, having a picnic in the park in their city.

"Girls, do you want ice cream or soda?" Nessa asked with a smile. "There's a stand over there," she pointed.

"Yes, I want two chocolate ice creams!" Heidi asked excitedly as she sat on her girlfriend Tina's lap.

"I just want one milkshake, and it should be strawberry, please," Marima said, and Chompu followed suit.

"Noted, and you?" he asked the couple now.

Engfa looked at his friend, then hugged his wife and looked at her completely and only her.

"Nu, do you want something?" There she was, staring at her, and Charlotte simply shook her head. "Are you sure? What's wrong?" she asked softly. "Do you want something specific? Ask for whatever you want," she asked again and said as she stood up to accompany Nessa.

"I'm fine like this, nothing's wrong," she replied, looking away seriously.

Engfa frowned in confusion, but spoke anyway.

"Okay, love, we're coming," I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Yes, yes," was Charlotte's only response as she left.

Engfa watched her for a brief moment before leaving and then unable to recycle anything, he went with Nessa to buy the things.

• • •

Minutes later they had already bought the things, but on the way back they saw a pastry shop, which sold some delicious churros with dulce de leche or so the sign said.

Charlotte's favorite dessert.

"Look how delicious!" She pointed at the spot as she licked her ice cream. "Why don't you buy one for Char? Maybe he'll like it," the brunette suggested with a smile.

"Yeah... Maybe he'll like it, come on," she smiled too and they approached the place.

So they stopped briefly to buy some churros.

When they returned, the chestnut was still there, serious.

"Cha, we'll buy you churros!" he declared, and Nessa quickly handed him the bag of churros.

Engfa smiled and walked over.

"I hope you like it my love," he said and kissed her quickly on the lips.

The chestnut, faced with that, just limited herself to observing her.

"Thanks Nessa, but no, I don't want these churros," he said, handing them back.

Engfa and the others widened their eyes in surprise at how rude she sounded.

"Why?" Nessa immediately asked without understanding.

"Nu, I bought them for you," he said quickly to his wife. "You don't want them?" Engfa asked incredulously and quickly realized that the brunette was completely ignoring her.

"I said no, I don't want anything!" he growled, making it clear.

"But... oh my goodness" Engfa was stunned.

The girls listening to him didn't pay much attention to the situation, but it was fun for them.

"They're delicious, Char, really," Nessa tried to convince her. "Eat them, they're your favorites, too," she continued to insist.