Kakashi's Plight

Summary: He wished he actually read her damn file.

Now Kakashi wouldn't say that he was easily surprised because let's be honest he wasn't.

Not unless one thought about the times when his team died one by one and he could only watch.

When the third Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen threw three files his way he was ready to fail yet another team of Genin. It wasn't his fault that they never understood that Konoha works on teamwork. Unless it was ANBU.

So, for many years he had been content in failing teams and hoped to continue doing it until Itachi's younger brother passed the Academy test—because he knew that as the only other remaining loyal Sharingan user, he was bound to get that boy.

Confirmed by the fact that he was holding onto the file of the "last Uchiha". (Kakashi was glad that he was never put in the spotlight like that)

There was also the file of a kid that brought along more nightmares than he would like to admit, the boy had grown up to be more and more like his mother every day. The only thing that remained of Kakashi's sensei was the distinct colouring on the kid.

Last but not least, a pink-haired civilian. A canon fodder then. Kakashi did not want to go around calling their future shinobi canon fodder but this Team 7 was going to be a team of powerhouses and a civilian with no kekkei genkai or biju would mean that she would either die or be pushed into being a paper ninja.

At least he had his work cut out for him.

Uchiha Sasuke was the top student in practicals and second in theory. Rookie of the year with the potential to grow. Has more than average chakra control, and chunin level stamina. His quick temper needs to be curbed, it hinders more than it helps him grow.

Uzumaki Naruto was the last of his class in theory and 10th in practicals. Has an overwhelming amount of Chakra due to his Uzumaki Heritage as well as the Biju. Abnormal levels of Stamina and a penchant for attention-seeking.

He did not get the time to look at his third student's file in detail since he was already running late but was told that she was the kunoichi of the year and had fangirl tendencies towards the Uchiha.

❀❀❀

The first time he met his future team, he was drowning in his old trauma. He could barely look them in the eye, their faces getting overlapped by another set of faces.

Naruto kept reminding him of what could have been and of his sensei while the face of Obito overlapping reminded him of his faults.

Sasuke reminded him of himself, angry and haughty. And of his past mistakes with the Uchiha now a traitor to his village.

That was until the civilian opened her mouth to introduce herself. The way she sat was setting his instincts on fire but he could not understand why. She was supposed to be a civilian, another like Rin who would be forced to meddle between her teammates. But she wasn't, she looked at them both with something soft in her eyes, her body was turned slightly outward as if bracing for an attack, yet also leaning towards her teammates.