Chapter 8: The Mystery of Deutsch & Jozsa

INSIDE ADITYA'S LIVING ROOM -- MIDDLE OF THE DAY

The living room is filled with a tense silence as Aditya, Rajesh and Qora stare at the holographic projection that has just appeared. It shows a complex system with multiple arrows going inside system and coming out, each labeled with a letter and a number. It is the next challenge in their quest to retrieve the stolen crystal from Synapse, the evil mastermind who plans to use them to unleash chaos.

Aditya (breaking the silence): We've done it. We've solve the previous puzzle. Now, we face the next hurdle.

Rajesh (nodding): This seems like one of the most famous quantum algorithms. I think we need to classify this system as either constant or balance. If my gathered knowledge is correct, we have to provide few "things" to this system. If it returns the same thing every time, it is  constant system. If it returns different things, it is balanced.

Qora (smiling): That's right. And our mission is to use find the next clue to stolen crystal using this system. We can't let Synapse get away with his evil scheme.

They approach the hologram, examining its details and structure.

Aditya: Now how to provide "things" to this system?

Rajesh picks up the pillow on the coach and throw it towards the hologram.

Aditya (dodging the pillow): What are you doing, Rajesh?

Rajesh (embarrassed): I thought this will work. Looks like I was wrong.

Meanwhile, Qora's focus was fixed to the system.

Qora: No, Rajesh. You are right. This is working. Something is appearing in front of the arrows coming out of the system.

The disfigured shape turns into a cotton candy.

Rajesh (full of confidence): See! My way is never wrong. Pillow full of cotton turned into cotton candy. Sweet!

Rajesh eat the cotton candy while Aditya and Qora start throwing more stuff towards the system. Vase, flowers, carpet, curtains...anything and evert thing they can grab. They get cotton candy in return of every thing thrown.

Rajesh eating all the cotton candy, now having sugar rushed into every veins of his

Rajesh: I think I'm going to puke now. Coming back in a jiffy.

Rajesh rushes towards the bathroom. He started vomiting, but Aditya and Qora were focused in their work. They have emptied half of the house till now.

Aditya: Given that we get cotton candy all the time, this seems to be a constant system.

With the sound of the word "constant system", the system starts getting simplified -- all arrows going out merging into one.

Qora (clapping her hands): Amazing! We're one step closer to recovering the crystal and stopping Synapse. Even Shadow won't be able to hide from us for long.

The holographic system fades away, leaving Aditya and Qora filled with excitement and confidence. Rajesh joins them back in the meanwhile.

Rajesh: Feeling much better. What did I miss?

Aditya: Nothing much, buddy. The stolen crystal  is within our reach. We won't stop until we get them back and put and end to Synapse's plan.

Rajesh: Yeah! We'll stop Synapse for sure. But for now, we must go shopping to get more some furniture. You, both, have emptied half the house.

Both looked around themselves to realize the same and chuckled into a laugh.

***

🌟🌟Fun Fact🌟🌟

Do you know that Deutch-Jozsa algorithm can determine whether a function is constant or balanced with just one query, while a classical algorithm would need many more. To do this, quantum operations have to be performed on the inputs and outputs needs to be measured.

🌸🌸Author's Note🌸🌸

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are curious to see what challenges await our heroes in their quest for the Quantastra. 😊

Rajesh eating all the cotton candy is so me. Have you done the same ever? Eaten all the way up to your neck and spend the next hour in the bathroom puking everything you've eaten.

Do let me know your thoughts in comment section. Best comment will be highlighted in the next story author's note.

Don't forget to hit that "Like" button if you're liking the story. Also, share the story with your friends, family, or anyone else who might enjoy a dose of adventure and mystery.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read, engage, and be a part of this literary journey. Your presence here makes all the hard work worth it. 📚💖

Stay awesome,

Mystical Whisperer