Chapter 5

I sat on that bench for a little while listening to all the thoughts on my phone when I realized it was almost midnight. I went back to lobby thinking that Jason was gone I was really hoping he was still there. Once I got there I saw him on his phone while his mom was sleeping on his shoulder. "Hey Alex how was it? You were gone for three hours I thought you fell asleep like most people here right now". Oh yeah I was in Olivia's room for a little bit I don't really know how long I've been in there I haven't really checked my phone since I checked on my mom. Anyways I talked to the same caretaker who was with my mom. Apparently her son helped find my mom since Olivia got lost in the grocery store. "Wow.. that's so cool we all know Olivia likes running off getting sidetracked in stores". I chuckled for the first time today usually it's really easy to make me laugh but this situation probably hit the toll on me. Even when Jason tried making me laugh or say certain things it still didn't work. But you know what's strange? "What can be more strange than having the caretaker's son being the one who actually helped a lost person. Which is even more interesting that it's YOUR sister who's mom is HER caretaker like whoa. It's crazy man". When I walked in her room the first time she started kicking and screaming like I was a stranger trying to harm her. So when I went back and realized that her caretaker was the same person as before I told her about it. She told me it could be from when the truck hit she could've hit her head and the memory she has it the grocery store incident. All she kept saying to me was "where's Jake the nice boy" and I didn't find out til after Jake was Mrs. Lora's son and Lora didn't bring him up to her at all. But what's even more stranger is that I told her to remember certain things that we did together and she kept saying ow and holding her head. At one point she kept saying she needs headache meds and a few seconds later it would pass and I brought up a different memory and she would do it all over again. I was really confused so I went out of the room where Mrs. Lora was and told her and she said it takes months to years for this to happen. At the time I was so confused until she said that when you get in a crash or hit by a car and any pressure to a certain spot on your head you can lose any part of your memory. It could be like forgetting one person or it could be forgetting things that happened in the past like us fishing and stuff. "Wow dude she must be doing great then if she's already getting something" yeah and usually the nurses or the caretakers usually are the ones who try to do it and I somehow made her get some of her memory. Which is strange because when I was heading back out of the room I thought I heard Olivia saying "bye Alex" in a soft voice. Maybe I'm just imagining it because I miss the old times when we were a happy family and I wanted everything to go back to normal. "We'll dude you never know right? Maybe she did remember something right as you were leaving and she didn't know what to say and just something sweet and simple a "bye Alex". Yeah I still don't know if I want to stay here all night because these lights are making my head hurt so bad and I don't want to sleep in a chair. The reason why I don't want to sleep in the chair since I'm pretty tall to be a 12 year old. "Your not tall your only five foot four and I'm five three so it doesn't mean we're tall". Sure but all the girls are short then and same like most of the boys which just mean we're to tall. "Shut up bro stop being insecure it's fine next year everyone should be somewhat taller so it doesn't matter. Plus you can always come to our house tonight if you want". Okay dude sure I'll come but tomorrow morning can we please come back and see what the doctor has to say then maybe you guys can visit them since y'all didn't get the change today. "Do want to stop by your house first or do you want to borrow some of my clothes for tomorrow then we could always stop by your house to bring you some clothes and other things". We can go to your house and get some things later tomorrow and stuff I can just borrow a shirt for now. Should we wake up your mom and leave or do you want to get something from the vending machine? "We can wake her up maybe QuikTrip is open and we can get something from there". We woke up Jason's mom and got her a coffee which was plain black and me and Jason usually say it's the old people juice but today we didn't say anything. We checked out and we left  about 10 minutes from their house we stopped at a nearby QuikTrip and got some food. I bought a hotdog and I wanted to change the mood so I whispered to Jason and told him look at my glizzy ain't it hot. We both started laughing so hard it made me feel a lot better about the situation. Then we got scolded by his mom for being "to loud" because he burped from his soda and it made laugh even more and we later on did a burping competition which he won sadly. We made it back to his house and his father was there at the dinning table drinking that awful old people juice aka black coffee. Me and Jason went upstairs to his room and got situated and I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the support y'all got lucky I actually got the time to post twice! I tried to do two since I won't be able to post one tomorrow and maybe the weekend to so I hope y'all can handle the cliffhanger! Stay safe and love y'all ❤️❤️