02 | Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

| 02 |

"There used to be a storyteller."
"Who always painted the sunshine and the rain."
–Da Capo, Honkai Impact 3rd

"–Da Capo, Honkai Impact 3rd

"Is your report accurate?"

The bespectacled man shifted his glasses in disbelief at the elderly maid, who had told him about the latest events.

"Sir, I may be old but nay am I forgetful."

The maid chuckled and bowed once again, confirming her words. The noble could feel a headache coming soon, so before that he called to his family.

"Tabitha! Lilia! It's true! Reynolds's children are back alive!"

×××

| Arthur Leywin |

"Rey! I heard your kids are back?! How?!"

A well-suited man blasted open the door, would be quite proper if not for the disheveled state he was that signified he ran all the way to here. Though that surprise turned to confusion when he saw us three starting our way to the backyard, adjusting his glasses to see if it was right.

"What the hell is going on..."

"Vincent!"

A lady's voice resonated farther from the hallway they entered and seconds later two girls, one in the age of my mother and the other near the age of Ald. And by the looks of it, these people seemed to be the ones responsible of protecting my family when we were gone.

"Vincent, Tabitha, these are my kids Arthur and Alden! They're really back, no doppelgangers or delusions!"

"I-I can see tha–"

"Art, Ald, these is Vincent Helstea, an old friend who happened to be my employer and owner of the top three auction houses in the whole Continent! These two are his wife, Tabitha Helstea, and daughter, Lilia Helstea. Before we get on wrecking everything, introduce yourselves."

It seems our old man is already hyped up for the fight.

I looked at Ald in one of our "languages" which was eye-to-eye silent communication (we are weird, there's no arguing on that), and both bowed politely with me doing the introductions like always.

"Greetings, Lord and Lady Helstea. I'm Arthur Leywin and this is my sister, Alden Leywin, it's a pleasure meeting you all. I apologize for our unannounced intrusion and unintended confusion, we both agreed to not spread our condition to others aside our parents.

The husband and wife blinked at each other, taken aback and confused with a knowing glint. And here comes the question: "am I actually related to Reynolds Leywin" thing.