Chapter Three

Edited

Chapter Three

I got thrown in the back of one of the cars as soon as we walked out the door and Andrea went up to the front of the car. We pulled out of the restaurant's driveway just as I realized who I was stuck in the car with.

I growled at Andrea.

"I'm going to maim you Andrea."

She just laughed at me and I groaned.

I was stuck in the car with the couple up front (Tony and Andrea) and Ethan next to me back here. Just my luck, I thought as Tony grabbed Andrea's hand. I sighed, thinking of something other than the person next to me. Andrea and Tony were so perfect for each other. I decided to ask what was on everyone's mind when everyone found out that Andrea and Tony were together.

"So, Tony...are you guys..."

"Mates?" He asked, finishing my sentence.

I nodded and Andrea sighed. Uh oh ,that's not a good sign.

"We're not sure..." He replied.

I let that sink in. I glanced at Ethan and found him staring at me and my cheeks got hot.

I rolled down my window.

"Mia, are you okay?" Andrea asked me.

I breathed out slowly, trying to calm down.

"Yeah I...I...I'm fine. It's just hot in here. That's all." I stuttered.

"Okay...." She replied.

I know she didn't believe me and I don't blame her. I didn't even believe myself.

I could still feel Ethan staring at me so I took my iPod out and started listening to it. The song 'My First Kiss' by 3OH!3 featuring Kesha was the song that started playing. Suddenly, I felt a cold spot right where my right ear bud was supposed to be. Ethan had taken my ear bud, and I was about to say something about it when he scooted closer to me. Too close. He was so close that I could feel the inhuman heat radiating off of him.

Tony looked in the rear view mirror just then as he was pulling into the school parking lot. He snickered and I knew my face was probably as red as a cherry by now. Andrea turned around to see what Tony was laughing at and her mouth gaped open. My face probably went even redder.

Through all of this, Ethan was staring out the window, not noticing a single thing. Finally, Tony parked and I put my iPod back, yanking my ear bud from Ethan's ear. I quickly got out of the car, trying to avoid the guys, but that just wasn't possible.

"Hey Mia, you're looking a little red." Daniel teased.

I didn't say anything.

"A little? She looks like a flippin' cherry!" Retaliated Nick.

I smacked him in the arm.

"Ohhh, feisty are we?" Asked Josh.

I rolled my eyes and started walking away, all of them laughing as I walked away. Someone grabbed my hand and I suddenly felt a very powerful shock course through my body.

I gasped and pulled my hand away.

"Ow damn it!"

I turned around to see Ethan, his face suddenly losing all of its color. His expression was a mixture of shock, surprise, and.....anger? It was the same expression as the one he had when we brushed shoulders in my room.