Chapter 12

Celeste Point Of View

Papa, why do I have really long names?I asked curiously.

After the incident that happened days ago, hindi ko na nakakasalubong pa ang katulong na nang-insulto sa akin.

Hindi ko nga alam kung buhay pa siya
o patay na. It's not like I care or anything.

Papa arrived yesterday. We're both currently at his office. He was signing some thick documents. Whereas for me, reading the families history book. He gave it to me because I asked too many questions.

While turning the pages I noticed my ancestors having weird names. I'm quite relieved to know that I'm not the only one. It's either longer than my patience or shorter than my temper.

Prince Nicholas Ryke Eli Farrell.

That was the name of my great uncle. He's name was given by his mother auntie Eirene Cathea Farrell, based on this book her father was the founder of the Great Floren City.

Uncle Nicholas was named after a great warrior in ancient times. During the great war. Whereas auntie Eirene was named by his father because it symbolizes peace in which he hoped that his beloved daughter would bring peace in ruling over the Great Floren City.

My father's ancestors are freaking awesome. Each one of them either own multiple businesses or founded different cities.

Nakakapanghinayang tuloy kung ano at saan nanggaling ang pangalan ko. I mean everyone has a story behind they're names, how about me? What's the story behind my name.

Having long names is considered to show their high position in the noble society.he started.

Leanor is a traditional name that is destined to be given to the first born daughter or girl in our family, which is you. Named after the great woman her self, your great-great- great-great grandmother. Bringing peace and prosperity in our country.” he added.

I read about her once. She led the three largest countries to victory during the first war against the nefarious organization. An organization full of filthy and sinister people.

She was truly a legend. And to think that I had the same bloodlines as her is truly honorable.

Ophelia originally means serpent which symbolizes transformation, rebirth, and inner healing. Although Estelle simply means star. I wanted you to have that name because on the day you were born the night were full of stars as if they were celebrating the day of your birth.” dagdag niya.

“As for Emilia, meaning ambitious I wanted you to grow cold but gentle, kind but fierce, generous but selfish and ambitious but sweet. Whereas Celeste originally came from the latin word which means heavenly. It was the name your mother picked and gave to you which is quite similar to her's.” pagpapatuloy niya'ng sabi.

My names are all unique after all.

“Although Azora meant to be sky blue, I choose it because I want it to be similar to mine. And finally your last name, Richendra which simply means to be a ‘Powerful ruler’.” mahabang paliwanag niya.

Eh si mama, anong pangalan niya?” Mahinang tanong ko sa kanya.

Calista. he answered bitterly.

I didn't ask again after that. He seemed hurt just by mentioning the name of my mother. I wonder what actually happened to both of them. Why does my father seem to hate her. I stayed still and quiet, lost in my own thoughts.