The Book of Revelations

Supposedly, in the grand scheme of things, you start out with a pen and a blank stack of paper.

And that's really all who you are, and as you move on in life, you learn that there is no white out or eraser for this pen. You cannot mark out what you have already written, and say it some other way. Some people change their pens as they are writing. Some just begin to realize all the beautiful colors that are flowing out of what they're writing with. And some, like many writers, give up way too early. They don't learn the difference between your, you're, and you. and a lot of people choose not to go back and read what they have written. Some even take that part out of their story. But if that is all we are, a quick read on some pre advanced placement kid's assigned list, what does it matter what one person chooses to do.

And if all we are is a stack of stories laced together by nostalgia and the fear that we may end up with years of regrets as we say our last and final goodbyes, (and sometimes there's not enough time to just say what we really want to) sometimes it's humiliating to admit that we messed up. That those years we spent in school and in cubicles with hundreds of other people who are either really craving a chocolate bar or wanting to die or just sometimes both. We cannot admit that we messed up.

And no matter how much faith you have in God, in science, and death, there's only one thing that is for certain and that is we eventually all will take the time to look back when our fires are dimming and our wings just don't fly so high anymore and we may not like what we see.

Some people do not like stories. some people never learned how to tell stories. Some can't even read or don't want to. And there's always going to be that question of "Whose going to fall in love with mine?"

In the sea of books, maybe someone's fingers will run across this one's worn cover and battered pages and they'll pick it up and decide this one is the right one for them. But right now, I'm still sitting on the shelf. And to be quite honest, I'm fine with that. Relationships make people worry too much, and I prefer to fly too close to the sun. That daring part of my life is all I've got right now. It keeps me going. People wait too long to take control. A lot of people are fine with the way their fates will play out. And yeah, maybe that is your chosen destiny. But it's up to you how you'll get there.

I'm choosing the wild ride. I'm not going to sit back and let the world take care of it's self. I'm writing my own bible and I'm going out there and taking on the world. If it's going to change, I'm gonna be the one to make it.

I'm not scared one bit.