Chapter 5

The roar of the helicopter blades gradually subsided as Gambit expertly touched down on the remote island, its sole occupant, Rizmi, gripping the edge of her seat. The island, a desolate stretch of land in the middle of nowhere, was home to an offshore nuclear power plant. Rizmi knew this was where Stryker had been hiding, where he'd been conducting his twisted experiments on mutants.

Gambit glanced at her, concern etched on his rugged face. "You ready for this, cheri?" he asked, his Cajun accent thickening with tension.

Rizmi nodded, her eyes resolute. "I have to be."

As they disembarked from the chopper, the imposing structure of the power plant loomed before them. They moved cautiously through the facility's dimly lit corridors, guided only by the faint hum of machinery. It wasn't long before they stumbled upon a scene that chilled Rizmi's blood.

Inside a dimly lit chamber, Stryker stood face to face with a high-ranking military general, their voices echoing in the cold, metallic room. The general's voice carried a tone of authority as he spoke, "Stryker, we've uncovered the truth about your son. He's a mutant."

Stryker's face contorted with anger, his grip on a gleaming blade tightening. "You have no right to interfere with my work."

The general shook his head, resolute. "This isn't about your vendetta, Stryker. It's about national security. We're shutting you down."

But Stryker's response was swift and violent. In a flash, he lunged forward, burying the blade deep into the general's stomach. The general's voice choked with pain as he crumpled to the floor.

Rizmi gasped, her heart pounding. She couldn't stand idly by any longer. She had to find Wahyu, to ensure her sister's safety. With determination in her eyes, she turned to leave the gruesome scene behind.

Just as she was about to make her exit, she heard a voice behind her. "Rizmi."

She turned to find Stryker looking at her, his eyes cold and calculating. "Wahyu's alive," he said, a sinister grin playing on his lips. "She faked her death with hydrochlorothiazide."

Rizmi's eyes widened with disbelief, a mixture of relief and anger coursing through her. "Where is she?"

Stryker chuckled darkly. "Safe for now. But you should know, Johan is here, and he's demanding the adamantium bonding procedure."

Rizmi's blood ran cold. She knew what that procedure entailed, and it was nothing short of torture. "He won't survive it," she whispered, her voice trembling.

Stryker's gaze turned to the door, his expression unreadable. "He's turned his murderous eyes on Wahyu."

Without a second thought, Rizmi rushed back towards the source of her greatest fears, the echoes of Wahyu's screams driving her forward.

Meanwhile, Johan, driven by a frenzied need for power and vengeance, stood before Stryker. "I want the adamantium, Stryker. I don't care about the risks."

Stryker, a cruel smile on his lips, calmly replied, "You won't survive the procedure, Johan. Your body can't handle it."

But Johan's determination was unshaken. "I don't care. I'd rather die than live as a weakling."

Just as Stryker was about to acquiesce, a commotion from outside the chamber distracted them. The sound of a fierce battle and cries for help filled the air.

Rizmi had returned, and she wasn't alone. With a burst of strength, she tackled Johan, pinning him down. Her eyes blazed with a mixture of anger and sorrow as she looked down at her half-brother. "I won't let you do this."

Johan struggled beneath her, his eyes filled with rage. "You're weak, Rizmi. Just like Wahyu."

Rizmi's grip tightened, but she refused to kill her own kin. "I won't become like you."

As they grappled, Wahyu appeared, her face pale but determined. Together, they managed to free all the captured mutants, including Wahyu's sister Emma. With a newfound sense of unity, they began their escape from the wretched facility.

But their path to freedom was fraught with danger. As they navigated through the labyrinthine corridors, they suddenly came face to face with Weapon XI, a grotesque and lobotomized version of Fakhrurrazzi. His body had been augmented with teleportation abilities, optic blasts, and deadly adamantium swords.

Weapon XI's voice was cold and devoid of humanity as he spoke, "There is no way out. Surrender now or die."

Rizmi, her heart pounding, exchanged a glance with Wahyu and the other mutants. They couldn't back down now, not after coming this far.

"We won't surrender," Rizmi declared, her voice filled with determination. "We'll find another way."

And with that, they prepared to face Weapon XI, knowing that the battle ahead would be their most harrowing yet.