Chapter One: The Start of the Journey

In a dorm in Iwatodai City, a teenage boy with dark blue hair, named Makoto Yuki, was sleeping peacefully in bed without even knowing he was cut being watched by the two girls who lived there, Yukari and Mitsuru, as a adult male named Ikutsuki approached to the girls who were watching the boy. 

Ikutsuki: ...How is he? 

Mitsuru: The same as last night. 

She said as the man took a seat behind her on a cushion and continued speaking. 

Ikutsuki: Hmm… Very interesting. Even those who have the potential tend to be unstable at first… Memory loss… disorientation… But, this subject is rather unique. He hasn't exhibited any of the common symptoms. 

Yukari: But… we're treating him like a guinea pig. 

Ikutsuki: I understand your concern, but it's imperative that we recruit new members. I heard he's your classmate… Wouldn't you be more comfortable working with someone from the same grade? 

Yukari: Yeah, I guess. But still… 

She said, as she still didn't like the idea to keep watching her classmate just sleep, but it was interrupted by a loud beep from the monitor. 

Mitsuru: Command room. ...Is that you, Akihiko? 

She asked as the said male spoke into the speakers as his voice was frantic like he was in the middle of running away from something. 

Akihiko: You're not gonna believe this…! This thing is huge! Unfortunately, I don't have time to talk… It's chasing me… I wanted to let you guys know, I'm almost there. 

As he finished talking, everyone inside the room was shocked to hear that Akihiko was bringing a shadow to the dorms. 

Yukari: Does that mean… he's bringing that thing here!? 

Mitsuru: Mr. Chairman! Let's suspend our observation for now. We'll prepare for battle! 

Ikutsuki: R-Right! Be careful! 

They rushed out of the room as they heard the doors to the dorm opened and were forced shut by Akihiko and he slid down to the floor holding his injured arm. 

Mitsuru: Akihiko! 

Yukari: Senpai!? 

Akihiko: I'm alright. Get ready to be surprised… It'll be here any second. 

Mitsuru: This is no time to joke around! 

Ikutsuki: It's one of them, Akihiko? 

Akihiko: Yes, but not an ordinary one- - 

He said before a loud bang interrupted him, indicating that the shadow was already there. 

Yukari: What the…!? You've gotta be kidding me! 

Mitsuru: Mr. Chairman, please head for the command room! Takeba, go upstairs and wake Makoto up! Then, escape out the back. 

Yukari: But what about you two? 

Mitsuru: We'll stop it here. You led it to us, Akihiko, so I'm afraid you'll have to fight. 

Akihiko: *glares* Like I had a choice! What are you waiting for, Yukari? Go! 

Yukari: I-I'm going! 

She said while being nervous as she rushed up the stairs to Makoto's room. Once she was gone, Mitsuru pulled out a fake gun from the holder that was around the upper part of her leg as Akihiko struggled to get up. But before long, the doors burst open and dark creatures started to crawl into the dorms.