Chapter Sixteen: The Second Semester and The Electric Shadow

A few weeks after Ken joined SEES, it was the start of the second semester and the entire day was super slow and boring, Makoto joined Masato in coming back to the dorms as the dark blue haired teen fought the urge to fall asleep while standing. But as they walked through the front doors to the longue, they noticed Yukari, Ken and Koromaru there as she noticed them entering. 

Yukari: …Oh, you’re both back. Perfect timing. Hey, Fuuka, is Aigis ready? 

She called out to wherever Fuuka was at as the two boys walked closer to the couch where Junpei and Ken were at. And once they got close to the couch, Fuuka helped Aigis walk out of their hiding spot, as the robotic girl was wearing the school’s uniform that easily hid her robotic parts. 

Junpei: Ready for what? 

Yukari: She said she wanted to go to school, so I said something to Mitsuru-senpai as a joke… But, the Chairman overheard and thought it was a good idea. So as of tomorrow, she’ll be a junior. 

Junpei: Seriously!? He’s down with that? 

Fuuka: He said something about studying her behavior in a social environment… 

Junpei: Well, as far as I’m concerned, it’s a great idea… Just look at how cute she is in that uniform! 

Aigis: The camouflage Fuuka-san has provided me with seems to be the appropriate size. 

Ken: It looks very natural on you: no one will suspect a thing. But, why does he want you to go to school? It’s not like there’s anything special about it. 

Aigis: With the commencement of the second semester, I intend to synchronize my schedule with the other members’. If I were to remain here on standby, it could delay our deployment. 

Masato: And what class is she going to join? Mine’s have no opening’s anymore. 

Yukari: Well… 

Aigis: I request to accompany our squad leader and be in his class. 

Yukari: Delay our deployment? Won’t you going to school create more problems? 

Aigis: I will make any necessary adjustments as problems arise. 

Koromaru: Woof, woof! 

Yukari & Fuuka: ? 

Aigis: He said, “I want to go to school, too.” 

Yukari: Sorry, Koro-chan… You have to stay here. 

Koromaru: *whimper’ 

He whimpered sadly as that made everyone sad over the noise as Masato grabbed the leash they use and the shiba inu wagged his tail in excitement. And the next day, Masato sat at his desk as the school was over as he overheard some students there talk about seeing how Aigis seemed to be very stiff and how hard it was to speak to her, as she ignored them. As he was getting ready to leave, he heard his phone buzz as it showed a text message from Akihiko reading: “I’ll be waiting by the gate. Meet me there.” 

Masato: Wonder why he asked me. Guess Makoto must be busy again. 

He said as he grabbed his things and went to the gates, where Akihiko was leaning against the gate and once he spotted him, he stood. 

Akihiko: …There you are. 

Masato: Why did you ask me instead of Makoto? 

Akihiko: I need your help, and how you can understand what’s happening is why I asked you, and there’s something I have to do.

Masato: Fine. I’ll help you out. 

He said as Akihiko just nodded as he led the way to the Strip Mall, as they stood outside of the Hagakure Ramen as they waited for one person to step out, Shinjiro, who wasn’t very happy to see the boxer again.