Chapter Fifty: Stargazer

Several torturous hours later, my Uber pulls up outside my house and I don't think I've ever been more excited to sleep in my own bed in my own home. Maybe it's because I know that I will be spending even more time away once I take this job. I had called Jess on my way and let her know I was going to be home soon. After chastising me for "keeping her in the dark", she informed me that she had some things to take care of and would be by with Luna a little later, but wanted to know everything now. My phone was almost dead though so I told her I'd fill her in later and quickly hung up.

I pour myself out of the car and collect my bag and my little Harold once more. I can't wait to finally give him a permanent location in my house. I thank the driver before he pulls away, then drag my tired body to the front door. Between balancing the plant in one hand and digging for my keys in the other, not mention it's dark out, I nearly trip over the large and extravagant bouquet of flowers at my feet.

"What the hell?" I murmur to myself out loud as I peer over my feet to see the bouquet more closely. Finally getting the door unlocked, I leave my suitcase outside and step over the flowers to go through the door. After setting Harold down on my kitchen counter, I go back to the front door to stoop down and pick up the large glass vase filled with the most enormous looking flowers, lilies I think, that I've ever seen. I grab my suitcase with the other hand and close the door behind me, then set the vase down on the counter next to the succulent that now looks dwarfed by the massive arrangement. My eyes wide, they travel over the fragrant flowers until I notice a card attached to the base of the bouquet. I peel it off, then open it and read the message.

K,

Since you wouldn't let me give you the stars or moon, here are some Stargazer Lilies so that you won't forget to remember me.

H

I feel my smile stretch wide as I realize they're from Harry, but then my face falls into confusion again about when exactly he had time to do this. I guess sometime between leaving me at the airport and starting the show, he found time to have this beautiful arrangement sent to me. I press the card to my chest and gaze over the luscious flowers once more, leaning in to take in the scent of one particular lovely lily in full bloom. I feel the familiar feeling of tears pricking at the corners of my eyes, so I shove the note in my pocket, clear my throat quickly and walk away, knowing that if I let one tear fall it will be all over from there.

After I've put my things away and started a load of laundry, I go back to the kitchen and try not to look at the flowers. Instead, I find a new home for Harold on a table next to the chair Harry sat in all those weeks ago when he convinced me to go on tour with him in the first place. The memory of him showing up at my door that morning, wearing a hoodie, baseball cap and sunglasses, much like the last time I saw him at the airport, makes me smile as well as feel an ache in my chest. I doubt very much he will ever be back in this house and for just a moment, I allow myself to imagine what it would be like if he weren't HARRY STYLES, and just Harry. A nice young man I might've met in a coffee shop or something. A man that I could date freely and not have to resort to following him around on tour just to be close to him. I glance at the flowers again and pull the note from my pocket to read it over once more. I honestly can't believe he would think that I would ever forget him. Even if we cut ties completely, a part of my heart will always be attached to Harry. I place the card back in my pocket and return to the business of straightening up after being away, effectively distracting myself from the fact that I already miss him.

Just when I am feeling the fatigue from days of being away, travel and the emotional rollercoaster of being with Harry, I hear a knock at my door and am uplifted at the thought of seeing Luna and Jess. I open the door and am immediately flooded with dopamine at the sight of two of my favorite beings, only slightly bummed that it isn't Harry standing at my door instead, even though of course I know that's impossible. My high pitched cuteness voice ensues as I welcome them.