- E L E V E N -

- E L E V E N -

The Walking Dead
(season 1-11)

'I never thought I would
ever love someone because
they were incapable to love me
and here i found you.'

by @everm0res
———————————

- D E S P I T E  -

After a while, everyone was off in their separate corners.

The kids and their moms were doing homework whilst Shane spoke to Jim. Maia was with the kids too.

"Can you pour some on my head?" Jim asked and Maia sent him a glance at the sound of his voice before tuning out the conversation.

Luna was currently counting using her fingers for some addition she was doing.

"What is the answer?" Maia asked Luna softly as she held a pencil in her hand and a paper in front of her. Luna gave Maia an unsure look.

"15?" Luna spoke in an unsure tone and Maia smiled widely. "Yea, good job!" Maia exclaimed excitedly for her sister and the moms laughed at the small gesture.

Luna was only eight years old, younger than the other kids, after everything, she needed some reassurance that she was doing good.

Luna smiled widely and Lara sat next to Maia tapping her shoulder.

Maia turned towards the tap.

"what's up Lara?" Maia looked at the girl with a curious look. Lara licked her lips nervously and pointed to a question.

Maia tilted her head and looked at the question.

"Write a sentence that consists of an adverb of degree." Maia read the question out and turned to Lara.

"What's an adverb of degree?" Lara smiled nervously and Maia chuckled softly.

"Okay, think of it this way, an adverb basically describes a noun, kind of like an adjective but is a doing word, a verb." Maia explained and wrote on Lara's piece of paper.

"Do you know what a degree is?" Maia tilted her head before quickly turning to see Luna writing down her answers.

"Is it like the weather?" Lara tilted her head and asked softly, still visibly nervous and Maia took notice.

"Hey, don't be nervous, it's just me and no not weather degrees, a degree is how far you'll take something, to what degree something is." Maia used her hands to explain, the kids listened, their eyes all going to her.

"So if a question asks for an adverb of degree they'll be referring to something like, "I ate too much candy for breakfast." Maia used it as an example and the kids all laughed softly at the example.

"Do not eat candy for breakfast, I did that and I got a cavity so it wasn't worth it." The kids laughed along softly and the moms smiled.

"So which one do you think is the adverb? which part of the sentence means that they did something to a degree?" Maia asked Lara with a smile.