|21|

・。

.・。.・゜✭・..・。.・゜✭・.

E A R T H   6 1 5

2 0 2 0

.

.

.

After dealing with Sam while grilling and trying to ignore his anger toward the Falcon from earlier, he was more than happy to collapse into one of the wooden beach chairs by the river. He could feel the fire's heat chase away the night's cold, and he relaxed into his seat. 

He wasn't sure why Sam had decided to have a cookout tonight instead of a month from now when the weather would be more enjoyable. He tried not to question it too much, being that he had a beer in his hand, he was full, and friends surrounded him. He could still hear Steve's mixed playlist from the speaker on the patio.

Steve and Natasha were laughing together across the fire while Clint sat with Wanda and Vision, talking amongst themselves. Near them were Liana and Pietro, who were murmuring to each other in their typical fashion, and closest to him were Sam and Sharon. 

Bucky had just finished his third beer when Sharon sat down in the seat next to him. "I haven't been able to say hi to you yet, Buck. How have you been?" She asked. 

"I've been fine," He responded, glancing at her. "Same as always." Then, after a heartbeat, "How are you?"

"I've been really good. Your hair is shorter than when I saw you last. It looks good."

"Thank you," Bucky forced a smile and then looked toward Steve. The man was already staring at him and then winked. At that moment, Bucky realized why Sam insisted on having this cookout in the first place.

"So I'm not usually up here that often being based in D.C., what's there to do around here?" Sharon asked. 

Bucky stood up. "Honestly, I don't know. You should ask Steve. He leaves the compound a lot more than I do. I'm sure he'll be more helpful than me. I'm going to get another beer." 

Aggravated, Bucky stalked toward the patio and up the few steps to grab another drink. He leaned against the patio half-wall and glanced toward the bonfire. Sharon had moved from the chair and was now in front of Liana and Pietro, the latter looking uncomfortable. 

Bucky's jaw clenched as he took in Liana's apprehension. She wouldn't be good with new people for a while. She'd only been here six days and often sought out being alone than with anyone else--aside from Pietro. He was thoroughly surprised when she came out of the house with Wanda; Bucky hadn't expected her to want to be around everyone all at once. However, she allowed herself to be alone with him today, playing those card games.