|26|

・。

.・。.・゜✭・..・。.・゜✭・.

E A R T H 6 1 5

2 0 2 0

.

.

.

Liana wiped furiously at frustrated tears as she slammed her bedroom door closed. She was vaguely aware of the splinter of wood and how the wall shook, but she didn't care. She couldn't focus on anything except how her mind was on fire, and her body still didn't feel like her own. She was still coming back into it.

She was pacing the length of her bed, chewing on her thumbnail. Her memory kept failing as she tried to think about what had happened. Bucky had said she didn't hurt anyone, but what did she do? She remembered the sound of glass shattering, and the bandages on both hands told her she had done something.

The bedroom door pushed open, and a piece of the broken doorframe fell. Liana jerked her head up as Pietro entered the room, looking at the broken door. "What happened?"

"I slammed it. What do you think?" Liana said.

Pietro walked across the room and sat on the bed, watching as Liana paced the room. "Are you okay?"

"That's a really stupid fucking question."

"I know," Pietro leaned back on his elbows. "On the bright side, Dr. Adams got a lot of information from the brain waves. She and Bruce are working now. Bruce is a funny guy. I like him."

Liana glanced at him but didn't say anything. She remembered lying on the chair. She remembered the words, and she remembered begging them to stop. That was the last thing she remembered until she woke up in the private medical room.

"Talk to me, dreamwalker."

"What is it you want me to say?" Liana turned to him, a bite in her voice. "Can't I just get five minutes without someone wanting me to talk?"

"What are you yelling at me for? I did not do a thing to you."

"I'm not yelling!" Liana yelled and then took a deep breath to calm herself down. "I just don't know what you want from me."

Pietro stood up. "I just want you to talk to me."

"Why should I?" Liana snapped. "I begged you all to stop, and you didn't. I said no. You should've stopped. Do you have any idea what that was like for me?"

"Liana-."

"No," Liana raised her voice. "You don't get to act like just because we spent twelve years on the run together, you know me. I was alive for decades before you were even born, Pietro. And every single day of my life was torture. My very sense of self was stripped away. I had no choice, as my body was used as a fucking weapon. And I said no today! And nobody listened to me."