𝐼𝒳. 𝒫𝓊𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝐹𝓊𝒸𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑀𝒶𝒸𝒢𝓎𝓋𝑒𝓇

Act One; Chapter Nine

Word Count: 3528

[ Season One, Episode Four]

Daryl's grief for Merle quickly turned into vengeful rage directed at T-Dog, and when that happened, Daryl aimed his crossbow at T-Dog. However, Jules wasn't having any of that shit because when she saw Daryl threaten her friend's life, she immediately pulled out her bat so she could strike him down like she had with his older brother. However before she could hit Daryl, Rick aimed his python at him.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick paused, titled his head with a slight grin and gestured to Jules. "Hell, even if I somehow miss you, she'll get you with that baseball bat of hers."

"He's right," Jules sternly agreed, strengthening her grip on the bat and making bitter eye contact with Daryl.

Since Daryl could tell neither one of them was lying, he begrudgingly lowered his crossbow, and in return, Rick lowered his python. Jules, however, didn't trust that Daryl wouldn't try anything again, so she kept her bat ready to strike if needed.

Rick noticed Jules' offensive stance and exhaled deeply in an impatient manner. "Jules put the bat down." A couple seconds went by and Jules still hadn't lowered her bat, so Rick once again sighed. Then after that turned to look at Jules, and added, "Please." After hearing the sheriff's almost desperate plea, Jules finally put her baseball bat away.

Following that, Daryl asked T-Dog for a durag to cover his brother's hand with, and surprisingly to Jules, T-Dog gave him one. The reason for such a surprise was that, One; Daryl had tried to just kill him a moment ago, and Two; T-Dog didn't have a single strand of hair on his head. So because of Jules's surprise, she mindlessly blurted, "Why do you even have that?"

T-Dog swiveled his attention towards Jules and furrowed his brow. "What'd you mean?"

At the sound of his words, Jules realized she had accidentally spoken her inner thoughts instead of keeping them to herself.

"Uh...." Jules muttered and nervously scratched the back of her head, pulling a regretful face.

T-Dog simply chuckled at her unusual behavior, then lightheartedly urged, "Cmon, now you can tell me."

"Well, um, you're..." Jules sputtered out fiddly before pausing awkwardly and gesturing to her hair. T-Dog pretended that he didn't understand what Jules meant, so he just looked at her expectantly with a slight grin. He was finding this entraining, and Jules couldn't really blame him because she would too if she wasn't the one in the hot seat, but it didn't stop her from being a little annoyed at him either. So she threw her arms up in the air whilst breathlessly answering, "You're bald!"